• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Bulls Progress

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

As an athletics program, how does everyone feel about USF's progression moving forward in the next 5 years? Can and will we eventually catch up with the fast rising UCF squad? Is an OCS on the horizon? Will we fill Ray-Jay with real Bulls fans at some point? Will coach T be able to fix and drive the bus to a ranked season (A USF first!)?

I know I seem long winded, but this team is as bad as any football team right now. Thanks.

Edited by USF_Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Not speaking of conference realignment.

I think we'll be ok.  We wont have to catch up to UCF.  lower tier teams tend to have drastic ebb and flow patterns.  UCF is a senior laden team with a good senior QB.  They will ebb pretty drastically next year just as USF will improve.

As for the OCS, I don't see it happening in the next 5 years unless it's a requirement to get into one of the power leagues after we are invited.

FIll Ray Jay with Bulls fans in the next five years?  I think for at least a couple of games if we get a decent team.  Probably for hte UCF games if we're any good.

Will coach T fix the problem?  I truly believe that he will.  It'll take a couple of years, but his recruiting class seems to be decent enough and he's got some potential to get some homeruns left yet.  I think we'll be ok with Tags.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Feel good!  It will take time, but in five years I only see upside.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

UCF will remain strong but losing bortles will big a BIG loss. Not sure if they can reload there.

USF will never consistently fill Rayjay. The bucs can't even do it. I wish we had a 40k seater.

Our current recruiting class is possibly the best we've ever done (in our worst year) assuming everyone sticks. Coach T is living up to his billing on the recruiting front. Lets see what happens in Feb.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Bortles isn't a senior, btw.

I'd like to have a 45K stadium, same capacity (but not design) as UCF. If we can fill that, then we'll go 60K (with plans for 75K one day which would likely never happen). I think it would be well built, fun, loud, and perfect for OUR needs.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

UCF is only behind USCe in player experience. They are not senioof laden, I think they have 7. 18 starters will return.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

Thought I heard that most of their O-line were seniors.  Bortles is a Jr from what I read in the paper.  Don't see him leaving early.  The RB is a stud and he'll be back next year I believe. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

So, UCF will likely be decent next year, but they will have their Ebb.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

Overall as far as athletics go?  I just think we need something to get people to go to games.  Make game days more fun in the major sports and work harder to promote the better teams (women's basketball).  If we take steps to get people out to games, win or lose, then I'd say we are doing well.  I can see CWT doing better in football the next few years, basketball will rebound (pun 100% intended), and other teams will continue to do pretty well. 

We'll see how we stack up to UCF this year. Football they clearly have us beat right now, but who is to say what will happen in one month?  Its college football.

OCS?  I (and many other students) wish.  It would be so easy to get to games and participate in game day.  We could walk right in, no parking money needed, no crammed busses that take an hour to make the round-trip that don't show up until after the end of the game.  But we would need money for that and if it involves raising tuition to pay for it I say NO. 

We fill Ray Jay.....sometimes.....usually when we play bigger teams and only then because they bring everyone to our house.  Maybe someday down the road if we get back to winning more often and they do something about he bus system for students going to and from games XP

Give the team a few years.  They'll get back on track.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I think we're mismanaged and the next five years is bleak.  Woolard is terrible.

Assuming CJL got a structured settlement, we pay three HFC's right now.  Simply put, that is pathetic and a major embarrassment for USF and Woolard.

Woolard is, in part, responsible for Aresco. . . . . who is a hot mess.  Aresco came in saying the BE could fetch $1B in tv rights deal. . . . . and then delivered pennies on the dollar.  Such a discrepancy is as sad as it is hilarious.  I haven't seen a bigger bunch of horseshite fool so many people since the old Simpson's episode where the city of Springfield got bamboozled into building a monorail.  In addition to looking like an underqualified clown by uttering the word "billion", Aresco ran off the catholic schools in weeks after his predecessors were able to keep an uneasy peace for years.  The latest kick to the gut is the utterly atrocious bowl lineup Aresco has secured. . . . . unless you like watching third-rate football in a third-world stadium in the Bahamas.

And then there are the little things:  WTF is up with the naming rights on the Sundome. . . . . what is the hold-up?  USF announced years ago that it was seeking a partner.  Either Woolard can't drive that project to completion, or USF athletics can't fetch a fair offer. . . . . . either way, it falls at Woolard's feet.

Amazingly, tere's no accountability at all by Woolard and nobody in the local media puts his feet to the fire:

- Attendance is down. . . . . . I have never heard Woolard have to speak to this.

- Revenue is down. . . . . . . . I have never heard Woolard have to speak to this.

- Relegation to the little leagues. . . . . . When Woolard had to speak to these he distracted the audience by talking about USF wanting a $300M (Minnesota-style) stadium. . . . . . WTF doug!  How will we pay for that??!!!!  We are one of the lowest funded athletics programs in the AAC. . . . . alas, nobody asks.