• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UL Loss; helps or hurts USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Folks. Let's just save your drama and say that UCF is going to the BCS game. Just say it!! Say it!! Arrrhhhhhhhh!!!! Arhhhhhhhhhh!!! Say it!!!!! - Sam Kenison voice

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Folks. Let's just save your drama and say that UCF is going to the BCS game. Just say it!! Say it!! Arrrhhhhhhhh!!!! Arhhhhhhhhhh!!! Say it!!!!! - Sam Kenison voice

If we predict it that virtually guarantees that it WON'T happen. Because my support for football teams results in what I refer to as the three D's; death, destruction, and disappointment (Bulls, Bucs, Gators, etc.)

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Depending on how we play for the rest of the season it helps in the big picture.

Win or lose against UL, we HAVE to win the rest of the conference games. That would set the game against UCF up as a possible defacto conference championship game.

I don't remember the scheduling, but I think it is set to be a spotlight game with not much else on against it.

I have always said that to be a true rivalry the games have to be played with something on the line. If you want a true rivalry this would be the start.

Big picture, UL loss should be the wake-up call to the team that they now have a realistic chance of playing for not just a bowl, but a BCS bowl and they need to kick the performance up a couple of notches.

It could also put the program back in the spotlight with a chance to make some noise with some national viewership coming up.

One other thing...how sweet would it be to beat UCONN at their place, beat UCF for the conference championship then seal the deal with a win at Rutgers in the same season?

I say UL losing helps us if Taggart can get these guys to kick it up another notch. Everything from here on in is about us playing well. All of a sudden this season has new potential and new meaning.

Really? A conference championship? It's still a possibility, but come on. It's statements and expectations like these that will lead to pointless threads about canning Woolard and how Skip ruined the program if UL beats us Saturday.

Our time will come, and even though we're 2-0, this team hasn't resembled either team I saw last night (I only saw the 4th quarter, but still)

Pay attention. Pay close attention to what you read. What are the first few sentences of my post?

Also, pay attention to the conference we play in. We have 2 games against SMU and Memphis. Both very beatable.

There is no reason this team cannot still be in the hunt for the conference championship going in to the UCF game.

UH is no stronger than Cincy. Now we have to go out and play complete football games.

Can we or will we? Who knows, but that's why we play the games and that is the improvement we are looking for.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I did play close attention. Read what you're saying? IF. IF this team pulls a 180. We've won the last two, but we aren't winning 4 more like that.

It's asinine to suggest a conference championship at this point

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

USFBULLS24,

I agree with you. In a way. It is about FN time that UCF rise up. They had how long since they started a program? USF started game one in 1997.

That is true it is about time. 34 years to beat their first legit ranked team? Wow. As bad as it gets for us I'll have comfort in knowing it can never be that bad.
They beat Memphis, ranked #13 a few years back. They ended the season ranked, something USF has never done.
They beat Houston who was so overrated it was embarrassing to the college football world at the time. Tough for me to count that. I don't mean count it as a win I mean count it as something worth noting.

Go read up on Case Keenum and the records he broke.

When you throw the ball 70 times a game people are going to break records. But yea Keenum was good.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

USFBULLS24,

I agree with you. In a way. It is about FN time that UCF rise up. They had how long since they started a program? USF started game one in 1997.

That is true it is about time. 34 years to beat their first legit ranked team? Wow. As bad as it gets for us I'll have comfort in knowing it can never be that bad.
They beat Memphis, ranked #13 a few years back. They ended the season ranked, something USF has never done.
They beat Houston who was so overrated it was embarrassing to the college football world at the time. Tough for me to count that. I don't mean count it as a win I mean count it as something worth noting.

What is the criteria for a legit ranked team?  Was #2 ranking USF got in 2007 not legit since they didn't finish the season at #2 or ranked period?

Fair question. I guess I meant a top program.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

The Cards are going to the ACC, so them falling to a team that is staying, even the gnats, is better for the AAC which includes us. The rise of the gnats could be laying the foundation for a rivalry that has interest beyond I-4. Once the bus gets rolling we could have a real war.

It will be much more fun beating good UCF teams, but I'm not holding my breath on this year. Maybe if Louisville comes out flat, we have a chance next week, but UCF will be pumped for our game and right now they have a better team.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

This absolutely crushes USF. UCF is USF of 2006/2007. They now have two good wins (Penn St, and a very good legit win @UL) , they're in the driver's seat (albeit in a trash conference) in the AAC, and they will be ranked in the top 25 after this game which will get recruits attention big time. 

UCF is a better football program than us now and that will continue for the foreseeable future. Absolutely depressing... 

That's been obvious for a couple years. But on the other hand, if UCF can get better, so can USF.

But we still won't have an OCS :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

If the whole usf/ucf package deal to a power 5 conference is true then this helps us big time.

Need to wish for success for both schools FROM both schools until they play each other.