• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eveld's progress?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

The kid does the best he can and actually is playing pretty smart.  Just hope for the best.

I think Eveld can be a Brad Johnson type QB, not flashy or mobile, but can do enough to win you some games.

Going forward, what games will those be?  Louisville has arguably the best defense out there and a Brad Johnson type isnt going to get it done.  Louisville will score on us and we have to put offensive points on the board to be competitive.  5 days later Eveld may still be the starter going into Houston up against a true freshman we recruited whose got a 5-0 team.  

After those two games Id argue Evelds college career is effectively over as a senior unless Bench cant come back.

We wont be competitive with Louisville and Houston without an offense that isnt significantly better than what weve seen this year, so Eveld needs to break out in a big way. 

We have already seen 2 better defenses then UL - Mich St and Miami.  Not knocking UL but their D isn't at those teams level.  Now their O may be the best we see all year.

Louisville is number 2 in FBS in total defense, and number 1 in scoring defense.  Im not understanding what you are basing your opinion on.  You can knock their opponents if you want but remember, one game each for Mich St and Miami have already come against USF and its near last offense, which includes McNeese and FAU games.

I think Eveld can be a Brad Johnson type QB, not flashy or mobile, but can do enough to win you some games.

Going forward, what games will those be?  Louisville has arguably the best defense out there and a Brad Johnson type isnt going to get it done.  Louisville will score on us and we have to put offensive points on the board to be competitive.  5 days later Eveld may still be the starter going into Houston up against a true freshman we recruited whose got a 5-0 team.  

After those two games Id argue Evelds college career is effectively over as a senior unless Bench cant come back.

We wont be competitive with Louisville and Houston without an offense that isnt significantly better than what weve seen this year, so Eveld needs to break out in a big way. 

We have already seen 2 better defenses then UL - Mich St and Miami.  Not knocking UL but their D isn't at those teams level.  Now their O may be the best we see all year.

Louisville is number 2 in FBS in total defense, and number 1 in scoring defense.  Im not understanding what you are basing your opinion on.  You can knock their opponents if you want but remember, one game each for Mich St and Miami have already come against USF and its near last offense, which includes McNeese and FAU games.

LOL Of course I am going to look at the teams UL played because none have even a pulse for offense.  Ohio - E Kentucky - FIU - Temple - Rutgers  I have only watched one game of UL this year and was not impressed by their D - what can I say.  I think you will have a better idea tonight after they play UCF.  If they shut down UCF then I will sure give them more props but IMHO it is going to be a shoot-out.  Borttles will put up good numbers and see how the running game goes.  So telling me how they rank I would say is just stats over reality.  You saying they are better then all the SEC teams and big Ten etc ?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

The kid does the best he can and actually is playing pretty smart. Just hope for the best.

This. He's what we got, and playing about as well as he can. Shelve the hate and support him...he's a Bull to the core.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I don't hate Eveld one bit. I just wish he played tennis.

Sooo  Intransit - What do you think of the UL defense now ?  Maybe closer to what I was saying or still buy into the stats ?  I never said they were bad - just that we had already played against better and I wasn't that impressed with them.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

What sport would you have Floyd play? Because while Bench is injured he's what you got (unless he plays badminton).

What sport would you have Floyd play? Because while Bench is injured he's what you got (unless he plays badminton).

Baseball ------  Wild Thing  --  JUST A LITTLE BIT OUTSIDE ! 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Baseball ------ Wild Thing -- JUST A LITTLE BIT OUTSIDE !

:)

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399

Sooo  Intransit - What do you think of the UL defense now ?  Maybe closer to what I was saying or still buy into the stats ?  I never said they were bad - just that we had already played against better and I wasn't that impressed with them.

UL's defense got and deserved respect coming out of the Sugar Bowl last year.  Look at UL's schedule so far this year and tell me how many teams we have a better offense then. 

Their D absolutely got exposed last night and our coaching staff should be studying the last quarter and a half of that game to see what happened. 

What I think happened is that UCF played two very competitive games against big time teams this year which helped build their confidence.  Louisville hasnt been challenged previous to this and crumbled.

We are going to roll with Eveld next Saturday it seems and I hope Im wrong. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Their D bottled up UCF for three quarters.  Storm Johnson is the real deal.  I think it was more Storm Johnson being good than the Louisville D being bad.  Bortles is mediocre, Storm is the real deal.