• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good gawd how do you all tolerate UCF fans?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

It is similar to when you go to a family reunion. You have that one member of the family with a major deformity and you have to try to ignore it.  When you mention it they start responding.  So don't discuss the fact that half their head is indented and they won't talk to you any longer...

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

You did hear they beat Penn State right?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

They think they really are something special and the next Alabama of college football.   :wtf:

We try to keep their lunatic fringe off this board and confined to here ... http://thebullspen.com/index.php/forum/16-state-of-florida-college-athletics-board/  

To be honest, though, they really haven't been too bad here recently ... I'm thinking mainly because of our setbacks in recent years. Their most obvious character flaw is obsessive jealousy and there really hasn't been much need for that here recently. You guys, on the other hand, are a perfect target .... God help us all if you lose to them, though.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

That's about 2% more impressive than the time they beat Alabama.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Did you hear they beat uga(an sec team) in a bowl game? :D

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

I was googling about my Gheenoe and see that UCF made a solar powered one plastered all over the internet. Oh gee nice science project. We're over here working with nano technology, treating cancer at moffit and have shapeshifting material coming from our engineering dept, no big deal.

If UCF can do one thing really good, it's tell you about how great they are.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978

If there is one game this year we must win its UCF.

I have been to just about about all 4 games with a close win at the Trampoline. Does any one else hate hearing the soccer hype song during a football game? (Ohh-wooh-o-wooh-o--oh-oh) Even in defeat UCFers remain defiant. I am not looking forward to my sister inlaw if they win this year.

But being a scientist I must present some objectivity. UCF is a great univeristy, with a large and loyal fan base. Overall the tailgates have been a blast, like a jealous older sibling wanting more attention :) In fairness I think USF going to the BE, beating UCF all four years, the embrassment of OLearys application scandals, poor production under OLeary for quite sometime all count as some hard lumps. In fact I think it makes them empathic to USF current situation which is why they haven't been to bad this year. This may ask change the closer we get to game day though.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978

How about if we focus our attention on Louisville.

Lol....how about no.

Its a bye...and afterall I think a 'ville fan started the post so we kind of are :P

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,807
  • Days Won:  0

If we lost every other game this year and only beat UCF I would have a smile on face

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I read both message boards of ours and theirs. It's really odd how heated it can get between the two fanbases. They definitely have their insufferable moments, and like to pound their chests more than they deserve to at times, and they have their bag of Pros and Cons to throw out when attacked (as does USF and every other sports team in the history of mankind). In all honesty, the fanbases aren't that hateful to one another, it is mostly a large portion of the internet-based fans (yes, everyone is online, but I mean those who actively participate in sports discussions (most of the fans at both sites mingle with each other and a large majority know each other since the students are all from similar regions). There's always going to be that 'tard who visits someone else's board and stirs the pot (sometimes a 3rd party trying to troll), and not much you can do about it.

I think in the next few years, things will level out a bit as far as the personal hatred, it will evolve (i hope) into more of a mutual sports hate with a bit more respect. the ribbing and smack talk will always exist, but they'll eventually get a win and that will help them not feel so inferior (and to an extent, us not feel so superior).

i like the back and forth, but with so many of them wishing us to be left behind if big 12 expanded, or get us relegated to sunbelt/FCS, it's a bit much (granted that stuff won't happen, the sentiment is a bit beyond what i see from fsu/uf [never seen them wish the other school blew up/burnt down/shut down athletics])

• Upvote 1