• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I don't necessarily agree.

UConn has been lights out against the pass-opposing QBs have been 49-92 with 5 INTs and 5 TDs against them. That's actually rather pedestrian, given that they played a decent offense in Michigan and the fact that they've lost all but one of their games by double digits-and let's not forget how ugly they were against Buffalo.

On the flipside, they've been allowing 192.5 YPG against the run and an average of 4.16 YPC. I like our chances running the ball even if Shaw is out.

Funny, UConn is probably saying some stuff like this about us..."let's not forget how ugly they were against McNeese."

I agree with the conclusion--run the ball & have the screen pass ready to go when they come after our lame (physically speaking...) QBs.

If your pass defense is the best part of your defense, wouldn't you prefer your opponent to pass? I see UConn stacking the box due to Bulls playing without Shaw and knowing that they can get to a hobbled Eveld if he's back to pass.
So before Bench and Shaw went down they were going to do something different?

I wouldn't exactly say we were airing it out with the two of them playing.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I don't necessarily agree.

UConn has been lights out against the pass-opposing QBs have been 49-92 with 5 INTs and 5 TDs against them. That's actually rather pedestrian, given that they played a decent offense in Michigan and the fact that they've lost all but one of their games by double digits-and let's not forget how ugly they were against Buffalo.

On the flipside, they've been allowing 192.5 YPG against the run and an average of 4.16 YPC. I like our chances running the ball even if Shaw is out.

Funny, UConn is probably saying some stuff like this about us..."let's not forget how ugly they were against McNeese."

I agree with the conclusion--run the ball & have the screen pass ready to go when they come after our lame (physically speaking...) QBs.

If your pass defense is the best part of your defense, wouldn't you prefer your opponent to pass? I see UConn stacking the box due to Bulls playing without Shaw and knowing that they can get to a hobbled Eveld if he's back to pass.
So before Bench and Shaw went down they were going to do something different?

I wouldn't exactly say we were airing it out with the two of them playing.

No, but Bench is more mobile than Eveld. If they had to play a dual threat we keep our offense on the field longer with the running game.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Eveld our starting quarterback on Saturday?

Looks like it

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Eveld our starting quarterback on Saturday?

99% yes.... Bench didn't practice yesterday.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Eveld did show some nice running ability against Cincinnati.

Except that he dove headfirst for first downs.  Didn't he learn that QBs should slide in foot first like baseball players?  Going in head first is a quick way to get a concussion.  If that happens to Eveld, guess who will sub in as QB?  It is not going to be White.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Eveld did show some nice running ability against Cincinnati.

Except that he dove headfirst for first downs.  Didn't he learn that QBs should slide in foot first like baseball players?  Going in head first is a quick way to get a concussion.  If that happens to Eveld, guess who will sub in as QB?  It is not going to be White.

It really depends on the situation.  Sliding feet first loses a few yards as opposed to diving forward.

He didn't make the designation and pretty much dove forward every time, but if he's close to the first diving is likely warranted.  If he's passed it, then he should slide with the feet.

He moves ok out of the pocket.  His biggest problem is when the pocket breaks down and he's not already out safely he freezes

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Apparently Bench and Shaw wanted to go back into the game Saturday. Currently listed as questionable for the UConn game.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/bench-shaw-questionable-for-uconn/2145914

Bench needs to be put back in if possible... Shaw... he needs to rest.