• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey... we made the Top Ten in something!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

EMBARASSING

WHICH COACH IS in charge of special teams

HIS SHIFT KEY WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately his spell check does not...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  161

EMBARASSING

WHICH COACH IS in charge of special teams

HIS SHIFT KEY WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately his spell check does not...

CAPS LOCK imo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Yanking the scholarship is a little harsh yes. However  treating the team with the kid glove mentality needs to change, These are not Pee Wee football players, they are grown A-- men. They need some tuff love, a kick in the A--.

This culture of coddling and  Kumbaya needs to stop NOW.   This is part of the issue here, We as a team are undisciplined, too soft and have had players quitting in games this season( Coach T's words not mine).  If we want a Skippy Holtz type team( Unicorns and fairy dust) than we stay the old course, If we want a winning program or close to the old days we need to hold them accountable and show them the way( tuff love).   Losing is contagious and a state of mine, Once our players buy into Coach T's system, and start believing they can win, They will start winning.  There may need to be some casualties ( players benched and cut along the way). Its life, Perform or don't see the field. This sense of Entitlement is a huge problem. Its not just on the team but the younger generation as a whole.

Edited by Dhambuc

Yanking the scholarship is a little harsh yes. However  treating the team with the kid glove mentality needs to change, These are not Pee Wee football players, they are grown A-- men. They need some tuff love, a kick in the A--.

This culture of coddling and  Kumbaya needs to stop NOW.   This is part of the issue here, We as a team are undisciplined, too soft and have had players quitting in games this season( Coach T's words not mine).  If we want a Skippy Holtz type team( Unicorns and fairy dust) than we stay the old course, If we want a winning program or close to the old days we need to hold them accountable and show them the way( tuff love).   Losing is contagious and a state of mine, Once our players buy into Coach T's system, and start believing they can win, They will start winning.  There may need to be some casualties ( players benched and cut along the way). Its life, Perform or don't see the field. This sense of Entitlement is a huge problem. Its not just on the team but the younger generation as a whole.

if you cut the guy-- he isn't learning a lesson that helps him punt better for USF-- he's just gone. Maybe you put the fear into other players but one mistake is not a cut worthy offense period. I suppose you would cut a place kicker as soon as he misses an extra point or fg try. that is nuts.

make him run laps or coach him with practice under pressure type drills. but you don't cut the best punter you currenty have to show you are NOT a Skip Holtz kitty cat word

• Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

First of all, I don't recall CWT saying players quit other than the first game ... and exactly where are you coming up with this culture of coddling and Kumbaya?? Are you at every practice, every meeting? How do you know they're NOT getting tuff love or kicked in the ass?

First of all, I don't recall CWT saying players quit other than the first game ... and exactly where are you coming up with this culture of coddling and Kumbaya?? Are you at every practice, every meeting? How do you know they're NOT getting tuff love or kicked in the ass?

not to mention that if you are on these guys 24x7-- eventually that type of coaching wears thin and the results drop off considerably.

you have to know your team and act accordingly. Joe Maddon with the Rays i a great example of a coach who knows his team from top to bottom. Granted less players-- BUT-- he is the kind of guy who knows when the team needs stern words versus a little joking around. You simply cannot be captain hardarse all the time.

I base alot of what I saying on my experience with coaches who were effective in my life and also observations of what I've seen from coaches who were just dredful and ridiculous. This isn't the freaking Cobra Kai (sp) broseph.