• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attn Former TBT USF Blog Posters

SoTampaBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

they had a weird cult like vibe over there.

a group all fell in line behind that turd. called him coach turd or something weird. it was like they were al trying to be his favorite.

he was an odd one that would use personal attacks when you didn't fall in line.he would pick out a player every few years and just constantly rail on him. Daniels, Alvarado. it was strange

they tormented that poor guy steve all the time.

I may have thrown out that offer prematurely ... 

Yeah, Steve O'Neal was so tormented that we (many of us) met regularly in lot 6D to laugh, joke, chew the fat about USF athletics and clank beers.  This is why most of those guys won't use TBP, there are too many idiots on this site acting like they know something when they know less than nothing.  Clowns.

funny how you say people here use personal attacks and here you are using them.

turd ran off plenty of people that had dissenting opinions. that's why the only ones left all agreed with the exception of steve.

he used to denigrate players all the time. Bruce Daniels. He went on about ASlvardo for years even after he left. it was strange. like he was obsessed with them.

maybe you weren't one of turds underlings.

I think that's great you clanked beers. I too clanked beers with him. I didn't need to insult him online though.

doesn't change the fact that turd and his underlings were jerks to him online and it wasn't just him.I can't remember the sign in but those guys railed on one guy mercilessly.

anytime he showed up to voice an opinion it was time to start the personal insults all to gain favor with lord turd.they couldn't even argue the point. just insulted the guy.

BTW this was just an observation from an ouitsider. no need to attack. I just wanted to comment on the weird cult like obsession with turd.

didn't you guys call him coach and then you were each some sort of assistant?

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

they had a weird cult like vibe over there.

a group all fell in line behind that turd. called him coach turd or something weird. it was like they were al trying to be his favorite.

he was an odd one that would use personal attacks when you didn't fall in line.he would pick out a player every few years and just constantly rail on him. Daniels, Alvarado. it was strange

they tormented that poor guy steve all the time.

I may have thrown out that offer prematurely ... 

Yeah, Steve O'Neal was so tormented that we (many of us) met regularly in lot 6D to laugh, joke, chew the fat about USF athletics and clank beers.  This is why most of those guys won't use TBP, there are too many idiots on this site acting like they know something when they know less than nothing.  Clowns.

I'm sure you and the rest are great guys ... out in the real world ... but we have enough ****head online personalities already here and having them not wanting to use TBP is just fine by me.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

You could always ask Brad real nice to host a private board, like the Bull Bakers, for the TBT times group.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Lord Turd.  That is freakin' hilarious.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

Since the demise of Greg Auman's TBT USF Sports Bulletin, some of the old blog regulars from that site have contacted each other and want to reach out to see if we can regroup with our former blog buds.

Me (SoTampaBull), Jupiterbull, Turd Ferguson, Coolman, RaginBull, usf_fan, and others have recently exchanged e-mails and we want our group to get back together and would like to do that soon.  So, if you were a former regular on Auman's USF blog, please contact us ASAP.

Once I get your responses, I'll combine that list of e-mails/contact info in order to get that out to everyone who wants to be included in our group.  Our core group will then be in touch with you with any news of emerging info on events, tailgates, and other plans. 

If interested, please contact me: SoTampaBull (tmpa629@aol.com).  Once we've re-established our blog group, we'll use your contact info to announce how we can meet up (in person or online) in order to discuss USF football issues and to make plans to meet in order to share a beer or two in honor of our deceased blog bud, Steve O'Neal. 

FWIW, this board does have a blog feature that you could utilize if you don't have anywhere else. The contributors could be controlled by whoever sets it up so you would only have the content you want there .... 

I appreciate the offer, but when my group got together recently - after much effort to locate a few individuals for their personal info for contact purposes - the one item that everyone agreed on re: any future blog efforts, was to avoid doing it on TheBullsPen.  The reasons have already been stated here already, so no sense in adding what's already been said.  However, I will pass on the offer to the others to see what they say.  Thanks, SoTampaBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Since the demise of Greg Auman's TBT USF Sports Bulletin, some of the old blog regulars from that site have contacted each other and want to reach out to see if we can regroup with our former blog buds.

Me (SoTampaBull), Jupiterbull, Turd Ferguson, Coolman, RaginBull, usf_fan, and others have recently exchanged e-mails and we want our group to get back together and would like to do that soon.  So, if you were a former regular on Auman's USF blog, please contact us ASAP.

Once I get your responses, I'll combine that list of e-mails/contact info in order to get that out to everyone who wants to be included in our group.  Our core group will then be in touch with you with any news of emerging info on events, tailgates, and other plans. 

If interested, please contact me: SoTampaBull (tmpa629@aol.com).  Once we've re-established our blog group, we'll use your contact info to announce how we can meet up (in person or online) in order to discuss USF football issues and to make plans to meet in order to share a beer or two in honor of our deceased blog bud, Steve O'Neal. 

FWIW, this board does have a blog feature that you could utilize if you don't have anywhere else. The contributors could be controlled by whoever sets it up so you would only have the content you want there .... 

I appreciate the offer, but when my group got together recently - after much effort to locate a few individuals for their personal info for contact purposes - the one item that everyone agreed on re: any future blog efforts, was to avoid doing it on TheBullsPen.  The reasons have already been stated here already, so no sense in adding what's already been said.  However, I will pass on the offer to the others to see what they say.  Thanks, SoTampaBull

No problem ....

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Then why are you here?

Bull94, sorry that you didn't recognize the shtick that was being used over at the TBT site w/r/t "Coach" Turd and the other "coaches."  Yes, there was Turd's coaching "staff," but many who visited that site regularly disagreed with Turd and others on those same topics, but it was most entertainment and not meant for personal attack.  Now, yes, BradentonBull took a lot of grief on the site, and he eventually left - or he didn't login using that same username. BradBull and Steve were so loyal to USF, that regardless of the evidence recognized by all on that blog, they'd continue to defend what most saw as the indefensible - to include some of Leavitt's antics and continued to defend Holtz during his tenure as HC. Yeah, Steve did have his issues with some there - especially Turd - but as much as I really liked ol' Steve, he simply took some of the dialogue that was meant for fun and playful banter way too serious.  Most of that dealt with Steve using his real name on the blog, so he would take some of those contrary posts as personal when others did not. Apparently you didn't recognize the groups that developed and how to work within those competing opinions without taking it too serious? Now, did it get somewhat personal at times, yes it did, but Steve was no angel during those exchanges either and he and I got into more than a couple of times as well.  However, he would continue to invite me to his tailgate and to sit with him when he had extra tickets, and we talked off and on via phone calls and texts.  As hbryan said, afterwards, we'd all meet up at Steve's tailgate and talk crap to each other face-to-face, but we'd eat and drink together and cheer on our Bulls.  Some, like yourself, took a lot of the designed blog shtick as way too serious, but for us, it was a great recreational outlet to long work days or tough work weeks or a way to vent when the Bulls were playing like crap - like they are right now.  The insights and analysis provided at that site exceeded most, and the entertainment value was off the chart because of the personalities that participated there.  Sorry that you didn't like what you saw there.

Then why are you here?

I guess that you missed my first post here explaining the reason?  We're trying to get in touch with those former TBT USF posters who are interested in staying in touch with each other.  I knew that quite a few frequented this site, so I wanted to get the word out to them in case they want to get in contact and meet up for beers some time, travel to an away game or to meet up at a tailgate and to also stop by the O'Neal's family tailgate or to find an appropriate site where we could again talk USF football. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Meh, was never impressed with the blog commenters. Most of it was a bunch of poorly executed low level trolling with the occasional bit of good analysis mixed in.