• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Cost of Being a Fan of Big Time Football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

And they have student athletes calling coaches because they don't have enough food for groceries. And doing so is an NCAA violation. The entire system needs revamping with parity in mind.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

And they have student athletes calling coaches because they don't have enough food for groceries. And doing so is an NCAA violation. The entire system needs revamping with parity in mind.

I believe all student athletes are entitled to a meal plan.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Don't fall for those stories...

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

UCF tix are $60.00

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I just thought I would share an example of what it costs to be a fan when your school is in the big time.

I went to Auburn at LSU this weekend. Stadium seats about 90,000 and construction is under way on a new end zone upper deck that will add another 6,000 seats.

My seats were last row of the lower bowl, corner of the endzone. About 70 rows up. (nice view, I liked them).

Cost of each ticket, $70 a game (all games are the same price), plus you have to donate $250 per seat, so if you wanted 8, $2000 in donor money each year. The far away remote parking lots were $40 a car, not sure what the close ones cost. No club lounge, no donation carry over to basketball seats.

I am not comparing us to LSU, the product isn't the same.... but just sharing what tickets might cost if we ever became the sort of program we all think (or thought) was possible.

If we had a stadium on campus I'd gladly up my donations, pay more in parking, and more in ticket prices because USF would be keeping all of that money vs. the Bucs/TSA keeping most of it.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

When USF puts a product out there that is worth $70 a game people will pay it. 

this

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Last year, I put up free tickets on craigslist for a game and someone asked if it included parking and that he would take them if I would pay for the parking... =( The tickets went to waste because nobody wanted FREE tickets. Fan loyalty vs. product on the field is a chicken and the egg argument I feel. Strong fan support leads to better recruiting, a more fired up team at kickoff, and can distract teams all of which creates successful programs. Alternatively, successful programs mean stronger fan support.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Last year, I put up free tickets on craigslist for a game and someone asked if it included parking and that he would take them if I would pay for the parking... =( The tickets went to waste because nobody wanted FREE tickets. Fan loyalty vs. product on the field is a chicken and the egg argument I feel. Strong fan support leads to better recruiting, a more fired up team at kickoff, and can distract teams all of which creates successful programs. Alternatively, successful programs mean stronger fan support.

Well what causes this depressing apathy among fans and players alike?

This is what we need to work on fixing.

For me I think its just a growing pains issue that is partially caused by not playing on campus. This is just my take, I'm sure its a mixture of a bunch of things which includes not playing on campus to one degree or another.

We can't stake our future on "winning"... all winning does is attract fair weather fans... this does not help us when our program is in the tank. 

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i wonder when we will close the upper bowl

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Don't fall for those stories...

Which one? A new one appears every day as someone comes forward it gives courage for the next one to speak out. Read the Okl St investigation. Some players became drug dealers for cash.