• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Cost of Being a Fan of Big Time Football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

That's more impressive when you consider all there games are televised in high Def. We have fans that live within 20 minutes of RayJay that watch on espn3 rather than pay $10. Of course, that doesn't bother me. I'm thankful they still follow the team. It's just a shock when I hear about SEC fans. They're seriously drinking the coolaid.

SEC makes the Koolaid

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

If we had a stadium on campus I'd gladly up my donations, pay more in parking, and more in ticket prices because USF would be keeping all of that money vs. the Bucs/TSA keeping most of it.

Out of donations, season parking and tickets, do you have any clue at all how much goes to the TSA now?

Believe we pay about $150K per game for rent. 

Rich - you are right, but that isn't profit, that is the salary of ushers and security and cops and a whole bunch of other people who USF would also have to pay if the games were on campus, plus the electric bill and things like that.

Yes there is a small bit of profit, but its not much for the TSA.

USF loses out the most on concessions, where we get nothing. (money goes to Bucs and their concessionaire)

USF gives up 10% on merchandise to the bucs concessionaire who owns those rights.

USF also gives up single game parking, and season parking after a certain number (which we might not have reached).

If a stadium was paid for that money would be "profit".  But I'm thinking that that money would be going to pay for the stadium.  Don't know what the debt service would be, but that $150K is pretty cheap all things considered.  Sure there is revenue left on the table.  But let's say a stadium is $150 million along with some interest.  Just the principle is $5 million per year over 30 years.  This is all simplified, but we are paying TSA under $1 million a year.  I'm sure someone on this Board will run the numbers to tell us how much we lose in beer sales, parking, etc.  But I still believe if it were cheaper more cost effective to have an OCS that there would be one being built.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

If we had a stadium on campus I'd gladly up my donations, pay more in parking, and more in ticket prices because USF would be keeping all of that money vs. the Bucs/TSA keeping most of it.

Out of donations, season parking and tickets, do you have any clue at all how much goes to the TSA now?

Believe we pay about $150K per game for rent. 

Rich - you are right, but that isn't profit, that is the salary of ushers and security and cops and a whole bunch of other people who USF would also have to pay if the games were on campus, plus the electric bill and things like that.

Yes there is a small bit of profit, but its not much for the TSA.

USF loses out the most on concessions, where we get nothing. (money goes to Bucs and their concessionaire)

USF gives up 10% on merchandise to the bucs concessionaire who owns those rights.

USF also gives up single game parking, and season parking after a certain number (which we might not have reached).

If a stadium was paid for that money would be "profit".  But I'm thinking that that money would be going to pay for the stadium.  Don't know what the debt service would be, but that $150K is pretty cheap all things considered.  Sure there is revenue left on the table.  But let's say a stadium is $150 million along with some interest.  Just the principle is $5 million per year over 30 years.  This is all simplified, but we are paying TSA under $1 million a year.  I'm sure someone on this Board will run the numbers to tell us how much we lose in beer sales, parking, etc.  But I still believe if it were cheaper more cost effective to have an OCS that there would be one being built.

Even if we spent $400 million to build our own stadium, it won't be as nice/comfortable as the one we play in now.

You only get one shot to build that stadium, we better do it right, even if it takes an extra 10 years to get it done.