• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Things never change for Holtz

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Questionable playcall towards the end of the game with a winning field goal in range costs Ltech the game after a fumble.  KU recovers, drives 45-50 yards, then kicks a 52 yard field goal as time expires.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/kansas-jayhawks-defeat-louisiana-tech-matt-wyman-jake-heaps-tony-pierson-charlie-weis-kenneth-dixon-092113

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Questionable playcall towards the end of the game with a winning field goal in range costs Ltech the game after a fumble.  KU recovers, drives 45-50 yards, then kicks a 52 yard field goal as time expires.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/kansas-jayhawks-defeat-louisiana-tech-matt-wyman-jake-heaps-tony-pierson-charlie-weis-kenneth-dixon-092113

More of that was in our future.  Thankfully that particular nightmare is over but were living a new one that smells like the old one.   We need a new dream weaver (AD).

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Their fans seem to think the game was well coached and it is on the players.

They do admit though they've lost to terrible teams.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

Did you watch any of the game? That walk-on RS Freshman looked better than any of USF's QB. Play calling was fine. A couple things lost that game. Their QB missing a 4th quarter TD after ripping off a long run, that was tipped into the endzone and after review ruled a touchback and gave Kansas the ball was the worse. And losing on the last play to a FG over 50+ yards outdoors at a distance NFL teams have missed from this season was an incredible let down. The LATech fans in the stadium gave the team a standing ovation. They played very well, had turnovers in their favor, and the announcers thought their QB was great, especially for a RS Freshman.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, I watched the game and once again I saw an incompetent coach making bad calls.   He looked like a fool running down the sideline on their last drive to call a time out.  They had the field position to kick a game winning field goal, yet he is calling timeouts and calling dangerous plays, which resulted in a late fumble by their RB.

Yes, I watched the game and once again I saw an incompetent coach making bad calls.   He looked like a fool running down the sideline on their last drive to call a time out.  They had the field position to kick a game winning field goal, yet he is calling timeouts and calling dangerous plays, which resulted in a late fumble by their RB.

Did you miss two fumbles within the 5 yard line that was the REAL reason they lost? Or does that not fit into your Holtz bashing agenda? Poor execution on some plays, especially FGs,  and missed opportunities lost that game, not coaching. Find someone qualified to judge bad coaching calls and I will go along with it.Find an article that says his coaching caused the loss, I'll agree. But since it didn't, I won't.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/wyman-gives-kansas-13-10-win-over-la-tech-0

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/gametracker/recap/NCAAF_20130921_LATECH@KANSAS/wyman-gives-kansas-1310-win-over-la-tech

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

When USF turns it over it's Holtz's players, when LA Tech fumbles it's Holtz's coaching. Get with the program.

• Upvote 1

The ONLY time I heard a mention of LATech play calling during the game, they said the OC was the one calling the plays and explained what he was doing.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

JTrue and slick, what does Holtz pay you guys to positively rep him 24/7 on these boards whenever his name comes up? Is it a cut of what USF is paying him?

Must be pretty good, 'cuz y'all are on his jock like an Amsterdam hooker.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So when CWT is gone, and you change your avatar, are you going to jump on the bash Taggart wagon?  I'm not one of the sheep, I call it like I see it.  Some of you seem to love to bash others for no reason.  And I imagine you have no idea what Amsterdam is like.