• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Basketball updates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Sporting News just came out with their basketball preview mag and has us finishing dead last.

1. Louisville

2. Memphis

3. UConn

4. Cincinnati

5. SMU

6. UCF

7. Houston

8. Temple

9. Rutgers

10. USF

They list Egbunu as one of the top 10 newcomers in the conference.

Maybe they were looking at our FB team

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Sporting News just came out with their basketball preview mag and has us finishing dead last.

1. Louisville

2. Memphis

3. UConn

4. Cincinnati

5. SMU

6. UCF

7. Houston

8. Temple

9. Rutgers

10. USF

JaVontae Hawkins â€@J_hawk_21 

Wish basketball season would hurry up. I got so much to prove and I mad as hell about last year and this year's rankings! Success is Revenge

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

i imagine this will be heath's last year if we dont see significant improvement

:facepalm:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

i imagine this will be heath's last year if we dont see significant improvement

:facepalm:

Man the basketball team better finish above .500 this season or its going to get even uglier on this board. The Fire Heath talk will spread quick.

Most on this board have a clue about the situation here, unlike smazza. A sub .500 would be met with some grumbling but the FireHeath nonsense would only be coming from a few knuckleheads. A sub .500 in 14-15 also would bring some legitimate criticism.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342

Am I too bullish on our basketball team this year? I am extremely excited for USF Basketball because I think we are going to do big things. I really can see us being a top 5 AAC basketball team(maybe 3-4), but to have us in last place??? 

With additions of a big man like Egbunu, other up and comers like Hawkins and LeDay, and our seasoned veterans in Collins and Rudd, are we really seen as a team with not enough potential to even finish second from last? We're that bad that we're dead last?

Am I being too optimistic?

Edited by Lmshaffe

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Am I too bullish on our basketball team this year? I am extremely excited for USF Basketball because I think we are going to do big things. I really can see us being a top 5 AAC basketball team(maybe 3-4), but to have us in last place??? 

With additions of a big man like Egbunu, other up and comers like Hawkins and LeDay, and our seasoned veterans in Collins and Rudd, are we really seen as a team with not enough potential to even finish second from last? We're that bad that we're dead last?

Am I being too optimistic?

I don't think you are.  It is really hard to judge how they will do but picking us last I think is a big mistake.  I think whoever said 5-10 were about equal had it right.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=36686&SPID=2923&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=209269496

Basketball Practice begin today!!!

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls 

Looked like Bulls men installed a ton of stuff on Day 1 of practice. Heath: "I really like this group. They're tuned in

Naturally, @Coach_Heath excited about new big men. Since his arrival, 6-8 frosh Chris Perry has gone from 245-266 lbs and not lost a step

6-7 soph Zach LeDay, who played at 223 last year, now at 245, @Coach_Heath said.

Heath on frontcourt: "Their size alone and their athleticism is double where we were last year. So we're already better there."

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  170

1. Louisville

2. Memphis

3. UConn

4. Cincinnati

5. SMU

6. UCF

7. Houston

8. Temple

9. Rutgers

10. USF

JaVontae Hawkins â€@J_hawk_21

Wish basketball season would hurry up. I got so much to prove and I mad as hell about last year and this year's rankings! Success is Revenge

Lol, we have a solid PG. We should be fine if healthy. Hopefully the freshman can step up to take the team to conference championship level.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=36686&SPID=2923&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=209269496

Basketball Practice begin today!!!

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls 

Looked like Bulls men installed a ton of stuff on Day 1 of practice. Heath: "I really like this group. They're tuned in

Naturally, @Coach_Heath excited about new big men. Since his arrival, 6-8 frosh Chris Perry has gone from 245-266 lbs and not lost a step

6-7 soph Zach LeDay, who played at 223 last year, now at 245, @Coach_Heath said.

Heath on frontcourt: "Their size alone and their athleticism is double where we were last year. So we're already better there."

We got killed underneath last year so the new guys fill huge positions of need.  Its going to be on coach this year IMO, hes got the guys he needs.  Two big OOC games at home this year, Ok State (Smart is gone) and Alabama.  Conference schedule has changed somewhat but still very tough.  The basement is not an option.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm looking forward to seeing what LeDay can do with the extra weight he's put on. The kid hustles under the basket, and his motor is constantly going, but he was overmatched in Big East play. In the AAC, assuming he hasn't lost a step, I think he'll have more consistent feasts on the boards.

• Upvote 1