• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Basketball updates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

1374838_638486806203209_22286919_n.jpg
 Coach Heath out there gaining more USF fans, maybe players too!!!

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I'm really interested to see how the teams do when conference play begins. You have 5 old Big East teams, 4 CUSA, and 1 A10, So I'm expecting there to still be a Big East style of play and I wonder how the 5 other teams will adapt to that (although its still not the same without SU, GU, ND, MU, Pitt). You didn't have off-nights in the Big East like you might in CUSA, so it will be interesting to see how UCF, SMU, or Houston handles having to play 18 games of competitive, close games. Plus I'm wondering where the officials will come from and what they will allow.

Team plays at Miami tomorrow in what I would guess is a closed door scrimmage. Hopefully nobody gets hurt from either team in what is a glorified practice.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Okay, here are my questions:

1) Who's our money guy on offense?

2) Who are our three-point shooters?

3) Do we have a center that can score around the basket?

On defense, I'm confident we'll be better at rebounding, which will be an improvement from last year.

Okay, here are my questions:

1) Who's our money guy on offense?

2) Who are our three-point shooters?

3) Do we have a center that can score around the basket?

On defense, I'm confident we'll be better at rebounding, which will be an improvement from last year.

1) Key players are PG Anthony Collins, SF Victor Rudd, and PF Zach LeDay. These are your leaders and players that need to be consistent and bring it every night. Shooting Guard Javontae Hawkins is expected to be a go to player this season for the Bulls as well. Many people around the program have said that Hawkins is the most improved player on the team. A dark horse player to keep an eye on is Jr PG Corey Allen. The JC transfer is very fast, quick, and athletic. Kind of a spark plug player that can come off the bench and provide offense at either guard spot. 

2) Musa Abdul Aleem. Has to be huge this season as he's the only true long range shooter on the team. Three point shooting in general is the key for USF having a NCAAT season or just a so-so season. Other guys have to step up and be respectable from beyond the arc in order to make defenses not play zone against us all the time.

3) Freshmen John Egbunu will be counted on to control the paint defensively and grabbing rebounds. He's a very athletic finisher around the rim, but he's still raw offensively when it comes to creating his own. Chris Perry(6-8) will be his primary backup and while he doesn't have the height of Egbunu(6-10), Perry has the weight(265lbs+) and the strength the hold his own in the paint. He won't give you the blocked shots but he can rebound and has a more advanced game offensively then Egbunu.