• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm say'n

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If you feel better by rejoicing in some imagined bitterness you may be sensing, I won't take that away from you.

All I'm doing is throwing water on any such misguided notion that Skip Holtz was ever in the same league as Randy Shannon.

Shannon was far and away a better coach.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  0

If you feel better by rejoicing in some imagined bitterness you may be sensing, I won't take that away from you.

All I'm doing is throwing water on any such misguided notion that Skip Holtz was ever in the same league as Randy Shannon.

Your silly middle school attacks show what you resent. Unless that's just your character in general.

What did Randy Shannon do to make you think he accomplished anything as a head coach?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I do have a pretty juvenile sense of humor, not gonna lie.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

lol at Miami's first game in the spotlight

the UF game, hello? 

Miami 48 

USF 14 

Yep, they're not TOO confident.   Miami +34.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Sucks Miami caught us during the Holtz disaster and the CWT first year of rebuild.  I would like to play miami again in 2-3 years. 

The offense has not turned the corner when they do this team will be pretty good.  The question is can the offense turn the corner this year or will it be next year.   

As opposed to the Leavitt era when we lost 27 - 7 in 2005.  Seriously, people need to stop.  We had some crap losses under Leavitt too.  That's why people wanted him gone.  Some of our best wins were under Jim, but some horrendous losses as well.  Holtz wasn't the anti-Christ.  Leavitt wasn't the Messiah.  And we have no idea yet what Tags will turn out to be.

This.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  27

Which is why Shannon parlayed his Miami firing into being a positions coach at Arkansas. He couldnt even find a job as a DC.

I know youre trying to make it out to be that Holtz left USF in a much worse position but all things being the same, Shannon and Holtz are pretty equal in how much of a mess they left in their wake.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Which is why Shannon parlayed his Miami firing into being a positions coach at Arkansas. He couldnt even find a job as a DC.

I know youre trying to make it out to be that Holtz left USF in a much worse position but all things being the same, Shannon and Holtz are pretty equal in how much of a mess they left in their wake.

How dare you come in here and claim Skip Holtz didn't consciously destroy this program worse than any other coach has ever done anywhere in any sport. Good day to you, sir!

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558

It is a great week in football when we are debating who had the program most left in shambles...

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Miami attracts better talent than USF on its worse day so how fair of an observation is saying Holtz left the team in worse shape than Miami? He left it in worse shape than Ohio St and Notre Dame before their last coaching changes, and USC when Kiffin is fired. Its a given.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

The boys will be pumped for this game. It will be close. In Taggart I trust. Th evidence is all there from his coaching tree and his job at WKU.

Your optimism can be appreciated to a degree but there comes a point where you have to realize this is real life and not some fantasy land, right? Take your Bulls goggles off for 2 seconds and you realize that there is absolutely no chance this game is close. 

In Taggart you trust from the job he did at WKU? I still like Taggart and don't think it is fair for anyone to make their mind up on him yet, but the guy hasn't even put together a game plan good enough to stay in a game with McNeese State and FAU. So far my thoughts on him are a heck of a recruiter, but lacking when it comes to actual coaching..