• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The New, Improved Dumbgeon (Including Random Thoughts from around the site by UCF and UM fans)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

UCF is now more popular in Orlando then UF and FSU.

I'm sure this has been discussed in other, more appropriate areas, and imagine credible evidence has been lacking .... but by all means, try and provide some ... and this is only because I'm trying to get this thread to 400 pages and you knoodleheads can help in that endeavor ...

It was posted in the NY Times.

so it should be easy to provide a link

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm sure this has been discussed in other, more appropriate areas, and imagine credible evidence has been lacking .... but by all means, try and provide some ... and this is only because I'm trying to get this thread to 400 pages and you knoodleheads can help in that endeavor ...

NYT is premium content nowadays. linking is verbotten.  LOL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

NYT is premium content nowadays. linking is verbotten.  LOL

I think I remember what he's talking about and it was indeed a joke ...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I live in Orlando (near UCF) and I find it very hard to believe that UCF is more popular than UF in Orlando.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I live in Orlando (near UCF) and I find it very hard to believe that UCF is more popular than UF in Orlando.

That poll was conducted shortly after the BCS game with Baylor.  I'm sure they have regressed back to the mean.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

That poll was conducted shortly after the BCS game with Baylor.  I'm sure they have regressed back to the mean.

Right. It would be like doing a poll this morning and asking, "Yesterday, did you watch USF, UF, FSU, or Miami play golf?" Then claiming 100% of respondents are fans of USF and therefore we dominate the market.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I remember driving around Orlando several months ago.

I counted 2 UCF decals in cars (this includes the drive to/from on I-4) on the entire trip.

I actually thought about it because along the way to Orlando we passed by several cars with USF decals, license plat holders, or other accessories.

Needless to say I was actually quite shocked that I counted much more USF gear from Lakeland up to and including Orlando, than UCF ones.

I would figure they would be on an all time pride high.

I also did not see any billboard promoting UCF.

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  35
  • Days Won:  0

It seems the joke is on you...

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-map.html?_r=0

It's also unbiased, which many of you should look up the definition. Basically, UCF is many years ahead of usf. I'm almost certain there are more UCF fans in the Tampa/St Pete area then usf now but it's hard to prove since this research doesn't include many of the small time teams.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It seems the joke is on you...

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-map.html?_r=0

It's also unbiased, which many of you should look up the definition. Basically, UCF is many years ahead of usf.

Bahaha ... enjoy it while it lasts.  It was like that for us too back in 2007-2009, when your program was the equivalent of a skid mark on your dad's undershorts.  

Many years ahead of USF ... good one, Gums.

mike111777.jpg

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  35
  • Days Won:  0

Wrong again bulls fan, UCF's season ticket sales have surpassed last seasons by over 2,000 so far and 3,000 over the season before that. Plus the students actually show up to the games.