• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

what teams in the fbs conference is usf better than

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

At this point, USF is better than none.  They are at the bottom of the AAC barrel.  Doesn't mean it has to stay that way, they certainly have the ability to be much better than they are.  Have they been given the tools, i.e. Administration to Coaches and Coaches to Players?  Only they know the answer to that question.  One might want to ask DW if he as the bureaucratic leader of USF Athletics has given Taggart all that he needs to be prepared and have the team prepared.  One glaring hole would be an indoor practice facility, we do know that the whole summer has been rain, after rain, after rain with sometimes rain in the morning, then the afternoon.  That certainly could lead to being ill prepared at the beginning of the season by not having sufficient practice time.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

None we are at rock bottom.   We go up from here I can't wait to see the progression.  

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'd say our defense could be a top 60 unit, but our offense is probably dead last. They've scored more for opponents than they have for us. Wonder if any other teams carry that distinction.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

Well, according to the Massey rankings compilation, we are 117 out of 125.

http://masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

USAtoday has placed USF at 121 out of 125. And I have to bring this up, they also placed UCiF at No. 23

:facepalm:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/09/16/fbs-rerank-1-125-week-three/2820213/

In conjunction, we made number 8 in their misery index:

8. South Florida: Everybody knew Willie Taggart inherited a mess at South Florida, but at least fans could buy into him as the face of the program. Taggart not only had the Jim Harbaugh pedigree as an assistant at Stanford but did good work in turning around Western Kentucky as a head coach, going 7-5 in 2011 and 2012. But anything Bulls fans had to hold onto in the preseason has been absolutely obliterated with three miserable performances: A 53-21 loss to McNeese State, a 21-6 loss at Michigan State and Saturday's 28-10 loss to Florida Atlantic. The first two could be explained away. You lose an opener, even to an FCS team, maybe you just weren't ready to play and the game got away from you. Obviously, you're not supposed to beat Michigan State. But the Florida Atlantic loss is hard to figure. The Owls had been absolutely inept against Miami and East Carolina, but they had no problem with South Florida. Maybe USF fans can still believe in Taggart, but it shouldn't be this bad.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/09/15/week-3-college-football-misery-index-nebraska-texas-notre-dame/2816585/

Edited by Bear-Soflo

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Well, according to the Massey rankings compilation, we are 117 out of 125.

http://masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

Yep, worse than Louisiana Tech so Skip Holtz has that going for himself, doesn't he?

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

We probably couldn't beat any other FBS team as of now, I would place us dead last.