• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug is killing fan base

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Can we top the re-alignment thread?  We should since that is a forgone conclusion, unless UCF takes us with them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I am grasping what I am saying - I am the one who wrote it.

"You've stopped donating and buying season tix because of DW, because you think it's in USF's best interest to get rid of him." - this is mostly correct

"With that philosophy, how can it be in USF's best interest for other people to keep donating and buying tickets, then?" - I don't think that's USF's philosophy and never indicated that it was.

Not USF's philosophy, YOUR philosophy. I'm obviously doing a crap job of making this point.

My reason for not renewing is because the direction Woolard has taken the program. That's my personal choice and I do not begrudge anyone for continuing to go to games and donate money - I think that's great if that's a decision that they feel is right for them.

You think it's in USF's best interest to get rid of DW. You think withholding donations and season tix money is the way to get rid of him but you think it's great for people to keep donating and buying to help prolong his stay here .... Makes no sense.

On your second point, I have not abandoned the university (for clarity purposes I didn't even get my degree from USF, but have been a long-time fan and have been a season ticket holder - which is clearly the only form of support that you measure). This team has blown for more than a year and a half, and if there was some sign that the program was headed in an upward direction I would gladly keep donating. In my opinion, Doug has driven this program into the ground and is not capable of turning it around.

I am not sure how to make it any more simple for you than that. I am fine if you disagree but make sure you are arguing against my position and not some fictional version that you interpreted.

Okay, you haven't abandoned your university but have abandonded the university you supported for 7 years(How else would you measure support other than financially?) You stopped supporting because of only a little over a year and a half of losing football ... stopped supporting after DW bit the bullet and removed the source of that losing ... stopped supporting before even giving CWT a chance to see what he could do ..... and I'm beating this dead horse because maybe you don't understand how superficial your decision was, if you really do care about USF and its' immediate future.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

There ain't no getting rid of Doug. 

brybull needs to come back into the fold, and look for a better time and way to make a difference.

It's a university, Doug is safe.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So if you support financially, you don't have to support physically, vocally, or emotionally?

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

So if you support financially, you don't have to support physically, vocally, or emotionally?

Exactly .... 

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

That is funny.  Bob Costas recommended Woolard?

Woolie as a result must be media savvy.

:roflmao:

Stick with the Knights, you know them much better.

The SEC commissioner and the former head of the NCAA did too. All I know about the knights is they are going to probably make up for that 64 point loss.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The SEC commissioner and the former head of the NCAA did too. All I know about the knights is they are going to probably make up for that 64 point loss.

With this team we will be lucky if 64 is as bad as it gets... UCF will be out for blood and looking to make up for those 4 losses with an epic beat down.

At this point Taggart needs to be looking ahead to that game, and that game alone. If we lose to UCF then all hell will break lose.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

With this team we will be lucky if 64 is as bad as it gets... UCF will be out for blood and looking to make up for those 4 losses with an epic beat down.

At this point Taggart needs to be looking ahead to that game, and that game alone. If we lose to UCF then all hell will break lose.

If? 

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Reading the SI article about how OSU went from mediocre to top 5 team in a couple years. 2 prong approach. Les Miles came in and said that they were turning their 12 season losing streak around and in 2 years he did. What everyone could see was the greatly increased amount of money they spent on everything. T. Boone Pickens donated over $150 million. Behind the scenes all kinds of naughty things going on. Most of this is outside the 4 years NCAA statute of limitations. But there you go. Not only how to get there but what other programs will do to win. Tons of money to buy the best equipment and lure the best coaches and who knows what to lure the top athletes.

I will say it again, the NCAA needs to cap what schools spend on programs. Maybe make it a total number that is split any way they choose to spend it or what I think they should do is cap coaching salaries. Also extend statute of limitations and instant black list for the type of conduct that they committed. The NFL has parity, why not the divisions in college football?

And no, I am not a UCF fan by any means but I do see the possibility that their NCAA violations did make their team better. Wrist slaps by the NCAA won't end this problem. I'm glad that USF, as far was we know, hasn't resorted to major NCAA violations to win.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

now is the time for USF to double down on the program an inject some positivity.

Announce the IPF.