• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The best thing about this debacle...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Not sure if I classify as a core fan.  My wife and I are both alumni and recently became alumni for life....we donate....we have 3 season tickets and we've been to a couple of road games and one bowl game, and I can't remember the last time I missed a home game.

After the humiliating loss to FAU, we decided we're not going to the MIami game.  Something that was supposed to be an outlet and entertainment has turned in to misery.  We gave our tickets away and will watch it on TV.  Couldn't stomach watching our beloved Bulls get steam rolled on our own field, while listening to the trash talking fair weather Miami contigent.

I'm not sure if I'll make anymore home games, however I will renew my tickets next year because I want to support the program, but it's just become too painful to go Ray Jay and watch our Bulls play.

Anyway.  Go Bulls!

I count you as a core fan and I completely understand.  I recently reduced my ticket take from 12 to 8, couldn't afford the two donor level contributions and the only home games I've missed on purpose was the end of last season to make my disgust be known through red, empty seats (12 of them).  I've made every game this year and will make the Miami game as well but if I had to drive a considerable distance to watch these Bulls, I would probably elect not to subject myself to the additional efforts just for the pain of how USF is getting worked by weak opponents.

I'm hoping that Taggart can somehow clean the DW and Holtz funk that this team is still obviously immersed in and play like the teams of old.  Ditto on Go Bulls!

Definitely would still classify him as a core fan .... although may have to split it out into 2 sub cats. The hard core fans are the ones that continue support monetarily AND go through the abuse of actually going to games. Soft core fans continue the much needed monetary support but aren't into masochism and find other, more pleasant ways to occupy game times.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Can we call the soft core ones Skinemax fans?

Edited by JTrue

Can we call the soft core ones Skinemax fans?

No.

Lame.

Sorry.

No you're not.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I went to the first ever USF game, when I was a sophomore at USF. I've got a USF helmet in my office up here in Tallahassee. I've got two degrees from UF and passively support the Gators, but always self identify as a USF fan. I'll let others judge whether I'm a fan or not.

But USF is entertainment for me. If it isn't fun (and by fun, I mean there's at least some hope that we might win the game), I'm inclined to do something else with my time. Four kids and a wife don't want me to be grumpy all day because Bobby Eveld can't figure out how to throw a five-yard slant. If that means I'm a bad or mediocre fan, so be it.

I got to watch the McNeese State incident of 2013 in person. That was quite a treat!

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I went to the first ever USF game, when I was a sophomore at USF. I've got a USF helmet in my office up here in Tallahassee. I've got two degrees from UF and passively support the Gators, but always self identify as a USF fan. I'll let others judge whether I'm a fan or not.

But USF is entertainment for me. If it isn't fun (and by fun, I mean there's at least some hope that we might win the game), I'm inclined to do something else with my time. Four kids and a wife don't want me to be grumpy all day because Bobby Eveld can't figure out how to throw a five-yard slant. If that means I'm a bad or mediocre fan, so be it.

I got to watch the McNeese State incident of 2013 in person. That was quite a treat!

Nope, you're a core fan who has to make a significant commitment to watch your alma mater.  I would be where you're at if I lived in Tally, but since I'm not, I tailgate and the putrid mess that occurs later on the RayJay field can't assuage the comradery and good cheer that occurred for the full four hours prior. Having slugged down quite a few beers helps out a bit as well.  

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Nope, you're a core fan who has to make a significant commitment to watch your alma mater.  I would be where you're at if I lived in Tally, but since I'm not, I tailgate and the putrid mess that occurs later on the RayJay field can't assuage the comradery and good cheer that occurred for the full four hours prior. Having slugged down quite a few beers helps out a bit as well.

Sounds like I need to improve my tailgating so I can get through these horribly craptastic games at the Ray Jay.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Sounds like I need to improve my tailgating so I can get through these horribly craptastic games at the Ray Jay.

No doubt.  I'm undefeated right now in tailgating!!