• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF was " Kragthorped" 3-4 years is needed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

Look, bottom line is that Holtz is a bottom feeder of a high school coach that has done nothing but get by on his last name and some sheer good fortune thru the years.  He left this program in complete disarray.  Taggart came in here and had to scramble to get some sort of recruiting class together.  He is working his offense and system into a group of lifeless players who do not fit his mold .  The square peg will be rammed into the round hole for the next couple of years until Taggart gets his style of players in here.  I think our DC will change sooner than later (not a mid season move) as Taggart realizes that our D will have to carry us thru until the offense catches up.  Truth of the matter is that ALL good programs have had down years and unfortunately this is our time.  Oklahoma has been down, Bama has been down, UF, FSU and Michigan have been down.  We will get this turned around.  Those of us who have been on this board for more than a few years realize this.  We are not part of the younger generation who cry and moan whenever they do not see some sort of instant gratification.  We may be 0-12 this year, but we will get better.  We will have better days in front of us.  I do believe in Coach Taggart, but I am truly floored at what destruction old Coach Skippy left behind. Hang in there Bulls, hang in there.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  27

What if Taggart is Kragthorpe

Can't be, Holtz already filled that role.  I'm not sure what the coaching analogy is for a coach who keeps another program down after a KragHoltz-type coach.  

Randy Shannon-ized.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Guys I know you don't like it and don't want to hear it but USF was "Kragthopred" in a lot of the same manner Louisville was when Bobby Petrino left. It took Charlie Strong 3 years there to get where they were and IMO that's what its going to take for USFs turn around.

I compare Taggarts abilities in recruiting and coaching to a young Charlie Strong, ever one wants to win and often but things don't happen that quick.

WVU is facing a lot of the same issues with talent due to Coach Stew and Casteel not being able to recruit and not taking enough recruits. Geno, Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin was mainly due to Doc Holliday now HC at Marshall, so there are 2 ways to fill spots quickly by Jucos or wait until youth develops.

Give Taggart your support and let him build, if he can do it for WKU he sure as **** can do it in Tampa at USF.

I agree with pretty much everything  you said.  The only troubling part is that he went 7 - 5? at WKU after 3 years.  So you're telling us that is what our future holds, maybe?  I'm supporting whoever is here.  Not a happy camper tonight though.

He had 7 win seasons in his 2nd and 3rd years. Pretty good for a program that was 0-12 the year before he started and had a 20+ game losing streak.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  119

Charlie Strong went 7-6 his first year at Louisville.

That was with a freshman QB in Teddy Bridgewater that went to UL over Miami because Clint Hurt went there. A Clint Hurt who possibly should be banned from coaching. Taggart is not going to do things like that, but it's time to burn some redshirts of players who might be able to play now though.

Admittedly, I don't know the whole roster or who is waiting in the wings but could there be some validity in this statement?  At this point, what's there to lose if a few redshirts are lost? Given the apathy I'm seeing and reading, it might give some people a sliver of hope of what USF is truly capable of in the future.

Edited by smackdaddy

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  471

It didn't take Charlie Strong 3 years to get to where UL is today.  He took them to a bowl game his first year.   Adam Froman and Justin Burke were our qb's Strongs first year not Bridgewater.  Will Stein even started the first few games of Strongs second year.  Really everyone up her is surprised to see how Taggert has started.  Not that Holtz left  a lot in the cupboard I'm sure but, still you expect that he is going to have USF prepared and ready enough to beat Mckneese State and FAU.  I haven;t seen one USF game this year so what is going on down there?  I really do like Taggert but, man I don't know how much time he will have with those type of losses.  What's the feeling of USF fans as far as Taggert so far?  I know they are pissed about the lossses but, is it just because there is no talent on the roster or is his coaching not been good either?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477

Guys I know you don't like it and don't want to hear it but USF was "Kragthopred" in a lot of the same manner Louisville was when Bobby Petrino left. It took Charlie Strong 3 years there to get where they were and IMO that's what its going to take for USFs turn around.

I compare Taggarts abilities in recruiting and coaching to a young Charlie Strong, ever one wants to win and often but things don't happen that quick.

WVU is facing a lot of the same issues with talent due to Coach Stew and Casteel not being able to recruit and not taking enough recruits. Geno, Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin was mainly due to Doc Holliday now HC at Marshall, so there are 2 ways to fill spots quickly by Jucos or wait until youth develops.

Give Taggart your support and let him build, if he can do it for WKU he sure as **** can do it in Tampa at USF.

Don't forget, what he did at WKU was two 7-5 seasons.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I didn't see the game last night, was at Disney, but from what I saw the first two games when I saw the scores my first thought was "Skip Holtz has destroyed this program."

There is a lack of talent that is simply unforgiveable.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Nvm

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,090
  • Days Won:  39

Don't forget, what he did at WKU was two 7-5 seasons.

That's what we need.  Let's start there :P