• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF was " Kragthorped" 3-4 years is needed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Guys I know you don't like it and don't want to hear it but USF was "Kragthopred" in a lot of the same manner Louisville was when Bobby Petrino left. It took Charlie Strong 3 years there to get where they were and IMO that's what its going to take for USFs turn around.

I compare Taggarts abilities in recruiting and coaching to a young Charlie Strong, ever one wants to win and often but things don't happen that quick.

WVU is facing a lot of the same issues with talent due to Coach Stew and Casteel not being able to recruit and not taking enough recruits. Geno, Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin was mainly due to Doc Holliday now HC at Marshall, so there are 2 ways to fill spots quickly by Jucos or wait until youth develops.

Give Taggart your support and let him build, if he can do it for WKU he sure as **** can do it in Tampa at USF.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804

Thank you for the encouragement

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

Guys I know you don't like it and don't want to hear it but USF was "Kragthopred" in a lot of the same manner Louisville was when Bobby Petrino left. It took Charlie Strong 3 years there to get where they were and IMO that's what its going to take for USFs turn around.

I compare Taggarts abilities in recruiting and coaching to a young Charlie Strong, ever one wants to win and often but things don't happen that quick.

WVU is facing a lot of the same issues with talent due to Coach Stew and Casteel not being able to recruit and not taking enough recruits. Geno, Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin was mainly due to Doc Holliday now HC at Marshall, so there are 2 ways to fill spots quickly by Jucos or wait until youth develops.

Give Taggart your support and let him build, if he can do it for WKU he sure as **** can do it in Tampa at USF.

I agree with pretty much everything  you said.  The only troubling part is that he went 7 - 5? at WKU after 3 years.  So you're telling us that is what our future holds, maybe?  I'm supporting whoever is here.  Not a happy camper tonight though.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I agree with pretty much everything  you said.  The only troubling part is that he went 7 - 5? at WKU after 3 years.  So you're telling us that is what our future holds, maybe?  I'm supporting whoever is here.  Not a happy camper tonight though.

I think most of us realized by about mid year last year that we were KragHoltzed.  I also think most of us are banking on the notion that it should be easier to recruit better players to USF rather than WKU.  The way the team is playing lately is certainly making that notion difficult to consider, but hopefully recruits can still see the potential that exists for early playing time and for a good solid three years to hopefully prepare them for possibly getting to the NFL.  

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Unfortunately, most on here think people are calling for Taggart's head, which they aren't - read through the threads.  What many do see is a defense with one good game against one of the worst offenses in FBS and a coach who was a stand in pick who wasn't a particularly good NFL coach and hasn't been in college football for many, many years.  Additionally, our offensive line, which is somewhat decent at run blocking can't keep weak defensive lines off their QB.  When you lose to McNeese and FAU at home, and those are your failings, there should be a yeoman's effort to correct it.  There has been zero, as evidenced by today's game.  ZERO accountability has been the norm since Jim Leavitt was fired.  Accountability doesn't happen when you fire a HC.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

What if Taggart is Kragthorpe

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

Charlie Strong went 7-6 his first year at Louisville.

That was with a freshman QB in Teddy Bridgewater that went to UL over Miami because Clint Hurt went there. A Clint Hurt who possibly should be banned from coaching. Taggart is not going to do things like that, but it's time to burn some redshirts of players who might be able to play now though.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

What if Taggart is Kragthorpe

Can't be, Holtz already filled that role.  I'm not sure what the coaching analogy is for a coach who keeps another program down after a KragHoltz-type coach.  

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

I do think that in year two if things don't start turning around CWT is in serious trouble simply for the fact of 7-5 being his best season as a HC. He might not have the experience yet to get USF where the fans think the program should be in 3 years, as unrealistic as that may be.