• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anybody on this site who has called Taggart a good/great coach....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I read it. The top of that team with little depth graduated. The bottom part is what is left. And based on the way they were getting pushed around I am in sure they have talent. Or maybe they do and they have to get right mentally. I see talent at spots, but not at QB or on the OL.

This team shouldn't be losing by 2+ scores to FAu and McNeese. The talent isn't that bad.

The end

Considering the oline is a sieve and our offense scored 14 points for FAU and 10 for USF, we are not talented enough to beat FAU.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Hell, if you're argument is that we're mildly more talented than McNeese and FAU then obviously we have a huge talent gap as we should be light years more talented than those teams

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

hahaha wow. I remeber all last year when people on this board would say that anybody, no matter who it was would be a better coach than holtz. Now we some people saying that we would've been better off with holtz than with taggart. You guys are ridiculous, I cant wait for taggart to turn this program around in the next couple of years and come back and read what you guys have to say then.

Just like Holtz turned it around in coup,e of years?

holtz didnt have much turning around to do. If I remeber correctly holtz inherited an 8-5 team that won a bowl game and had a starting qb. Taggart on the other hand inhereted a 3-9 team without anything close to an established qb.

So I think its clear that taggart has a tougher job than holtz did when he came to usf.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Yeah, I kind of got bored on this thread...it's mis-titled.

At this point, I don't think the debate should be around what CWT can do with this mess of a program.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I read it. The top of that team with little depth graduated. The bottom part is what is left. And based on the way they were getting pushed around I am in sure they have talent. Or maybe they do and they have to get right mentally. I see talent at spots, but not at QB or on the OL.

This team shouldn't be losing by 2+ scores to FAu and McNeese. The talent isn't that bad.

The end

If you take away the freaking offensive turnovers for TD's this team is in both the Michigan St and FAU game. 

Yes the talent is that bad.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

In all seriousness, Taggert is NOT a corch.   No way a guy brought up in the Harbaugh system is this bad.  Dude turned around a WKU team (that hasn't lost a step, meaning he left them in good shape)

He was given a USF team with zero depth and even  less talent. 

Judge him in his third year.

If last year, backups weren't good enough to start for a 3-9 team, they ain't going to win this year.

I wasn't happy at all with Golden's first year (or second), but it took time to rid ourselves of the Shannon albatross 'round our necks.

Oh, and there is NO way you are flipping Yearby.    USF fans   suggesting  that , you need to lay off the Cold Duck when posting ;)

Edited by SmokeyRoan

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

If I see the offense have just a slight progression this year I will be happy.

till this team is purged of the holtz players we will continue to struggle. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

The end

If you take away the freaking offensive turnovers for TD's this team is in both the Michigan St and FAU game. 

Yes the talent is that bad.

Ha! And if we had better play calling and a better offensive line and possibly wide recievers who can catch and special teams players who don't field punts at the 3 yard line..... Yeah, if you take away all that we might be a .500 team

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

In all seriousness, Taggert is NOT a corch.   No way a guy brought up in the Harbaugh system is this bad.  Dude turned around a WKU team (that hasn't lost a step, meaning he left them in good shape)

He was given a USF team with zero depth and even  less talent. 

Judge him in his third year.

If last year, backups weren't good enough to start for a 3-9 team, they ain't going to win this year.

I wasn't happy at all with Golden's first year (or second), but it took time to rid ourselves of the Shannon albatross 'round our necks.

Oh, and there is NO way you are flipping Yearby.    USF fans   suggesting  that , you need to lay off the Cold Duck when posting ;)

With the same AD at the helm, he will become a corch.  USF desparately needs new leadership at the AD level.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I just got dumber having read that statement.

right. players have nothing to do with success. it's all about the scheme and game management. saban could beat skip with 1-aa talent vs alabama talent because he is such a great coach.

saban builds a great program because he is a relentless recruiter. he runs a vanilla offense and an ordinary defense but he does it with superior talent.

His defense is the most complex in the country. That's per the VT OC, not some fan on a message board.https://twitter.com/andybittervt/status/361994555702255617
Bull94 thinks the 49ers and Eagles paid for recruiting skills.
not sure I understand that at all.
Explain why Harbaugh and Kelly were given NFL jobs if recruiting was their reason for success?
because they won.

why did saban and petrino and spurrier not succeed at the pro level?

like I said earlier, kelly is an innovator. not many coaches are though.

And Harbaugh is just lucky to have the team he does?

Bobby Petrino thought he would... until Michael Vick said no, then immediately scrammed.

Nick Saban, Butch Davis, Steve Spurrier, Dennis Erickson, Pete Carroll, Lou Holtz, Mike Riley, Bud Wilkinson, Frank Kush, **** MacPherson say hi.

So Harbaugh is a good coach or he isn't?

You base your generalization by 1 example.

I gave you 11 that counter it.