• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Walk-on Tryouts for Quarterback?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I would love to know the thoughts of that bench warmer at UCLA. Wonder if he wishes he was playing now for USF or glad he's getting splinters.

Even if he was he'd be in the same position as White..... that and White is a better QB... 

What?  He's been invited to the most prestigious QB camp  just like Carson Palmer. Matt Cassel, Matt Leinhart, Kyle Orton, Vine Young, Troy Smith, Trent Edwards, JaMarcus Russell, Stafford, Tebow, Luck, Manuel, Murray, Smith, Bridgewater, etc were, being chosen to participate in the Elite 11. On top of that, he was the MVP. What has White done? Has he been MVP at any regional all star game?

IIRC White led his team to a state championship was the MVP in the state playoffs for his class.... AW's team was horrid in HS and he "won" a made for TV hype contest that where the winner was only based on judgement... not actually any numbers. 

I'll take White over AW any day of the week. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I would love to know the thoughts of that bench warmer at UCLA. Wonder if he wishes he was playing now for USF or glad he's getting splinters.

Even if he was he'd be in the same position as White..... that and White is a better QB... 

What?  He's been invited to the most prestigious QB camp  just like Carson Palmer. Matt Cassel, Matt Leinhart, Kyle Orton, Vine Young, Troy Smith, Trent Edwards, JaMarcus Russell, Stafford, Tebow, Luck, Manuel, Murray, Smith, Bridgewater, etc were, being chosen to participate in the Elite 11. On top of that, he was the MVP. What has White done? Has he been MVP at any regional all star game?

IIRC White led his team to a state championship was the MVP in the state playoffs for his class.... AW's team was horrid in HS and he "won" a made for TV hype contest that where the winner was only based on judgement... not actually any numbers. 

Winter Park sucks, that couldn't help him much.

White also showed how he wanted to be here. Was talking to other prospects/recruits and trying to draw people to USF as soon as he committed. I'd rather have guys who want to play here and play for USF than guys who pity party like AW. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

AW's dad was acting a little bizarre and shady too. Have a suspicion maybe he was trying the Cam Newton method of choosing a university.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Winter Park sucks, that couldn't help him much.

White also showed how he wanted to be here. Was talking to other prospects/recruits and trying to draw people to USF as soon as he committed. I'd rather have guys who want to play here and play for USF than guys who pity party like AW. 

That's the camp I'm in, I'd rather have someone who wants to be a Bull. AW's game would have been great for our offense, but if the guy is seeing stars, I'd just as soon have him move on.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

walking on and actually making the team is incredibly hard...

walking on and PLAYING is even harder... especially at QB

I dont think anyone on campus can play better than Eveld or Bench.

isn't eveld a walk-on?

yes he is

No he isn't.

Eveld has been on scholarship for 3 years. He came to USF as a preferred walk on. Big difference from a regular walk on. He was only a walk on freshman year. He is now a senior.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

UCLA is pretty happy to have him.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/aug/08/sports/la-sp-ucla-football-20130809

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Brad Johnson took the Bucs to the Super Bowl and won. Find anyone that thinks he's a better QB than Dan Marino.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Days Won:  0

Brad Johnson took the Bucs to the Super Bowl and won. Find anyone that thinks he's a better QB than Dan Marino.

I think Brad Johnson is a better QB than Dan Marino.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

I think Brad Johnson is a better QB than Dan Marino.

+1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

What? He's been invited to the most prestigious QB camp just like Carson Palmer. Matt Cassel, Matt Leinhart, Kyle Orton, Vine Young, Troy Smith, Trent Edwards, JaMarcus Russell, Stafford, Tebow, Luck, Manuel, Murray, Smith, Bridgewater, etc were, being chosen to participate in the Elite 11. On top of that, he was the MVP. What has White done? Has he been MVP at any regional all star game?

are you trying to say white is going to win us a Super Bowl? :D