• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Tale Of USF's DC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Moved to the sideline this week. I think that made a difference. Don't think he'd ever done the booth before, was puzzled when I heard he would.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Moved to the sideline this week. I think that made a difference. Don't think he'd ever done the booth before, was puzzled when I heard he would.

Interesting tidbit - where did you hear that?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Interesting tidbit - where did you hear that?
I saw him there. Let me see if I can find anything.

Edit: of course GA is on it

“@gregauman: Taggart said USF defense's improved play coincided with decision to move coordinator Chuck Bresnahan down from booth to sidelines.â€

Edited by FatDaddyBull

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Made adjustments. Let's see what we look like against FAU

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Well the defense allowed MSU to score once. Was that because the DC was asking our players to do too much?

The defense, especially DeDe, looked much better. But like that MSU defense was the best we'll see all year, that offense ranks with the worse.

It's going to be really hard to convince me that Michigan State has a worse offense than McNeese St; or almost any FCS team.

That said, I agree that Bresh-whatever is out of his element. If he can prove to be a quick learner, defense could end up being a strength for the team. I'm hoping Saturday's game was an indication of such. Letting up 7 points on defense to *any* team is good and I'll take it.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

In the first game, it was obvious that the D was missing assignments.  Now I'm not sure if that was because the scheme was too complex or not.  In this last game, it seemed there were a lot less missed assignments.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

As we've always been told, defenses start looking good before offenses in camp and early season. I hope that whatever happened to make the defense look like it did rubs off on the offense.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

We already know this is not an easy offense to learn (See John Gruden).  There is going to be growing pains and we saw  a little light on Saturday.  The running game has never looked that good before Coach T.  That was a stout defensive line we were running on.  He made the seemingly distant Marcus Shaw and a feature back.  Please give credit where credit is due.