• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All white uniforms tomorrow

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Pretty sure the white helmets debuted in the St. Pete Bowl.

You're right. Penn state was with the old gold helmets and all white everything else.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yea i should have added the footnote that i know the white helmets werent around in the penn st days.  i meant white paints, white jerseys.  

but voodoo 5 was the Rod Smith double reverse while we were on our own 10 yard line in Happy Valley....right?  or am i USF brain dead after all the disappointments?  

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

This is correct

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Wasn't Voodoo 5 at UCON with the dough boy Rod Smith?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Some of our greatest successes have come wearing a white and green combo: the white helmet, white top, with green pants was worn in the Miami and ND wins. We were wearing white pants and white helmets with green jerseys for the win against Clemson in the CCB and against Memphis in the Majik Jack Bowl.

I only remember an ass kicking by Natty where we wore all white. I'm sure there is another loss when wearing the surrender uni's.

Not to nitpick but I'm pretty confident it was green helmets against ND.

I wouldn't mind a white out if we have an early home game in the early months.

Matt you're right. However I try and forget all of our failures at uconn. Of course here's the full list for you:

2005 - voodoo 5. The double reverse from inside their 5 because we can't power it in. We lose.

2007- a week after the illegal forward propulsion call at Rutgers, grothe throws a pick returned for 6 and throws a pick in the end zone. We become the highest ranked team uconn has ever beaten.

2009- in the snow we take the lead 3 times in the 4th quarter only have the defense wilt every time. Game ends with the uconn kicker putting it through the uprights from 40+ for the win.

2010 (at home in tampa)- a week after beating Miami e can't put together enough offense in bobby eveld's first start as UConn beats us on a last second field goal and without scoring an offensive touchdown. They become the worst team in the history of the universe to go to a bcs bowl.

2011- a week after western michigan threw for over 400 yards at UConn the geniuses who ran our team call for a run heavy offense. We come out in the second half and open up the offense and drive down the field for a touchdown. We become run heavy again immediately. Uconn D scores a touchdown and they win. Again without scoring an offensive touchdown.

I am now going to empty my liquor cabinet after recapping that.

You have liquor left after last week?

That's crazy...

At stadium last week and at home this week.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Some of our greatest successes have come wearing a white and green combo: the white helmet, white top, with green pants was worn in the Miami and ND wins. We were wearing white pants and white helmets with green jerseys for the win against Clemson in the CCB and against Memphis in the Majik Jack Bowl.

I only remember an ass kicking by Natty where we wore all white. I'm sure there is another loss when wearing the surrender uni's.

Not to nitpick but I'm pretty confident it was green helmets against ND.

I wouldn't mind a white out if we have an early home game in the early months.

You're right, we did have the green helmets, but again, it was a combination of green and white, not all white.  We're begging to get our asses handed to us with that uniform choice.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

yea i should have added the footnote that i know the white helmets werent around in the penn st days.  i meant white paints, white jerseys.  

but voodoo 5 was the Rod Smith double reverse while we were on our own 10 yard line in Happy Valley....right?  or am i USF brain dead after all the disappointments?  

double reverse at UConn is Voodoo5