• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Revenue?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm not sure about the financing for something of this magnitude, but using simple amortization, financing $150 million, for 30 years, at 4% interest would require $8.6 million a year in debt payments.

We wouldn't need to finance anything... last season USF brought in $600 million in donations, which adds to the billion or so they have in the bank.

We have the $$.

Those donations were for a variety of areas. Don't you think that if we had $200 - $300 million available to us for a stadium, we wouldn't jump on it? If we didn't have to finance any of it, then yes, you're correct, it would be better than what we currently have.
Well we can borrow the money from ourselves... USF has done this before. I know they have and was told that they do it from time to time on special projects, as long as they can pay it back. They borrow the funds from themselves to pay for a capital project and then repay it over X amount of fiscal years.
That X in your equation is about 50 years, at best. Not happening.
We collected $600 million in one year... we can do it again, especially with sponsorships and such.
The Unstoppable Campaign you're referring to started when you were in elementary school. So it was $600+ million in 8 years. You just missed on the facts for that one.

The campaign, publicly launched in October of 2009... So that's 4 years.

Read up on it..

Apparently they had a first "quiet" phase beginning in 2005..

However they didn't kick off the big public push until 2009. That's when the big money started pouring in, $111 million in 2010-11 alone.

So, 8 years. Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I'm not sure, but let me know when you find out, mmkay?  Such a pressing question and I'm sure the answer is quite esoteric.  I commend you for asking the tough questions about a topic that hasn't been broached lately.  

I agree its not pressing, but lets cut the turd here... UF gets $2.5 million a game in revenue when they play a cup cake... I bet we don't get $2.5 million a season playing at RayJay.

McNeese State got $400k for playing a cupcake!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm not sure, but let me know when you find out, mmkay?  Such a pressing question and I'm sure the answer is quite esoteric.  I commend you for asking the tough questions about a topic that hasn't been broached lately.  

I agree its not pressing, but lets cut the turd here... UF gets $2.5 million a game in revenue when they play a cup cake... I bet we don't get $2.5 million a season playing at RayJay.

McNeese State got $400k for playing a cupcake!

Ouch!!  Funny, but ouch!

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Since you brought up UF, how much debt do you think they have on the Swamp?  How much debt would we have with our own OCS?  I assure you it would be a hell of a lot more than UF.

They probablly pay a fraction in upkeep of the Swamp, as we do in rental fees and lost revenue to the TSA to play in Rutgers Stadium.

Also we are leasing space at Ray Jay vs buying something outright, paying it off, and owning it.

Sure, all we need is $200 M to $300 M and we can build an OCS and own it outright.  I we can earn an extra $2M per year by owning our own stadium, it'll only take us 100+ years worth of profits for it to pay for itself!

Your math is off, he said that make about 2 million per GAME, not per season.

6 sometimes 7 home games a year is an additional 12 to 14 million a year.

I also think the point of the OP was that we probably don't even make 2 million a year from Ray Jay revenue.

Ding, Ding, Ding ^^^

We have someone with a reading comprehension level higher then 1st grade...

Um, no.  What is important is how much MORE we would make with an OCS.  We won't make as much per game as Florida.  We already make money off of the games.  So how much MORE will we make over the course of a season.  We would never clear any where near $2mil MORE than we clear now on a per game basis.  As someone else said, there are a lot of expenses that others are paying now that USF would be responsible for.

I don't think there is any need to talk about reading comprehension levels.  Why not have a civil conversation?

Since you brought up UF, how much debt do you think they have on the Swamp?  How much debt would we have with our own OCS?  I assure you it would be a hell of a lot more than UF.

They probablly pay a fraction in upkeep of the Swamp, as we do in rental fees and lost revenue to the TSA to play in Rutgers Stadium.

Also we are leasing space at Ray Jay vs buying something outright, paying it off, and owning it.

Sure, all we need is $200 M to $300 M and we can build an OCS and own it outright.  I we can earn an extra $2M per year by owning our own stadium, it'll only take us 100+ years worth of profits for it to pay for itself!

Your math is off, he said that make about 2 million per GAME, not per season.

6 sometimes 7 home games a year is an additional 12 to 14 million a year.

I also think the point of the OP was that we probably don't even make 2 million a year from Ray Jay revenue.

Ding, Ding, Ding ^^^

We have someone with a reading comprehension level higher then 1st grade...

Would this be an example of irony?

Now that's funny.   :D

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

Side bar about USC and their stadium.  People say its off campus but its seriously across the street from campus, also, now they control it:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college-football/story/_/id/9638471/usc-takes-control-los-angeles-memorial-coliseum

qfdFLKZ.jpg

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  83

Think how much money you would make if you built one of these...

ucf.jpg

Sorry.. I could not resist.... :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm starting to sweat just looking at it.

Think how much money you would make if you built one of these...

ucf.jpg

I get seasick.  WIth one of those I wouldn't be able to attend any games.  Neither could those susceptible to heat stroke.  

Our revenues would plunge.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  83

Seriously South Carolina has their stadium off campus, but they own it and it is home.  It is situated in an industrial area about a mile or two from campus.  the whole area takes life on gamedays.  If USF were to build a little bit off campus, but with lots of area to tailgate that would probably work. 

USF would really benefit from an OCS, and there is no need for $200 million to build it.