• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rome was not built in a day...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

I usually just read the board without posting much.  However, a few things have gotten to me a little.  After one bad loss, I agree it was bad; many of the people on this board flip out.  I understand the logic, we are supposed to be better then they are even on our worst day.  We have to consider that WT is building something for sustained success and not instant gratification.  Maybe it is the world we live in today that causes people to be so near cited but our goal is the future.  Sure we want to win some games now but WT is trying to build this program back the proper way. 

Saturday’s loss was shocking but should it have been?  This program has been in steady decline since Skip got here and Saturday’s game was the icing on the cake.  People want to point out what WKU did on Saturday, great, but also realize that Pitrino was able to do that because of the way WT left that program.  In the same respect, what happened Saturday has as much to do with the way Skip left the program.

What really gets under my skin is how are players are having to deal with some of our very own idiot fans talking crap to them on the various media outlets.  A few of our players have considered deleting their twitter feeds because of these bozos.  Sure, that is a great way to treat our current players and make players wan to come here in the future.  If you are a USF fan you should support the players at all times while they are trying to help your team become successful.  If you want to complain to somebody go to the AD and the coaching staff.  They are the ones being paid to improve the program.

It was one game and this team will be better because of it.  Give WT a chance to get some work done.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Don't try talking sense on here Salty, nobody wants to hear that. According to all the experts on this forum we are now going 0-12.

Do yourself a favor and try to stay off here until we win a few, I'm trying to do the same....if Bulliever would stop posting twitter links It'd be easier!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  178

I do not mind the doom and gloom stuff, that is going to happen. 

I hate the fact that any fan would harass a player or recruit.  These are kids trying their best to do their best. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

people need to put things in perspective. we lost an NFL QB and an NFL corner off a team that has lost 11 of it's last 12. It's going to be a total rebuild.

saturday was tough but it was really 1 bad quarter + 2 bad plays. 2nd quarter they scored 31 points.

their average field position for 4 scoring drives was our 28 yard line. they started on our 7, on our 42, on our 33 and took one to the house. not to mention first series in the 3rd they started at our 16.

we would have lost to anyone that night.

it's almost as if the players expected us to lose so we gave them every opportunity.

they had a solid 91 yard drive and a 78 yard pass plus a fg drive that started in their end.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

people need to put things in perspective. we lost an NFL QB and an NFL corner off a team that has lost 11 of it's last 12. It's going to be a total rebuild.

saturday was tough but it was really 1 bad quarter + 2 bad plays. 2nd quarter they scored 31 points.

their average field position for 4 scoring drives was our 28 yard line. they started on our 7, on our 42, on our 33 and took one to the house. not to mention first series in the 3rd they started at our 16.

we would have lost to anyone that night.

it's almost as if the players expected us to lose so we gave them every opportunity.

they had a solid 91 yard drive and a 78 yard pass plus a fg drive that started in their end.

Good thoughts IMO. I might argue with OP that they tried to do their best, though. As a team, they didn't respond very well to adversity, so I'm really hoping CWT verbally rips a few of their heads off and helps them see how much they added to the disaster by toxic attitudes. It was very visible, but then CWT himself was visibly shaken too!

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

I'm still on the bus...winning is a mentality, and our coach has it and is looking for the players that bring it on game day currently. Once he finds it, this program will be back to the Leavitt days of playing aggressively with passion.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

Only a fool would write anything disparaging on a player's twitter account.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Twitter is just a tool, and it can be misused just like any other. Poor judgement is the culprit to blame, any any fan base has that in spades. Players need to toughen up, and "fans" need to smarten up too.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

As disappointing as the game was, it was still a game.  And the truth is that most college football fans don't really care because, unlike Michigan, USF's football program is relatively obscure, at least for the moment.  Embarrassing?  No question.  Unacceptable?  No question.  We made ESPN's bottom 10.  But I think this is one of the few instances where we can take advantage of not being the high man on the totem pole.  Beat Michigan State (as improbable as that seems at the moment) and we can start to turn things around.  There's always a game the following week...  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

some people enjoy rolling around in the chit like little piggies

some just give up too easy or are trying too outguess everyone

I don't mind a little speculation or reading peoples takes on things but some people ONLY show up on this forum when there is a negative (or at least thats the way it seems).

My favorite people to read sometimes don't post after a while-- you have one or two voices of reason battling 10 people with an axe to grind or another agenda (usually against Woolard or Holtz and occasionally Leavitt).

I tried ignoring most of them but that just became a pain in the butt and some folks aren't always unreadable/annoying to me. well with one exception but I dare not say his name for fear of waking the troll of the century