• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vero Beach is a waste

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

I've never really understood us going to Vero Beach to practice. I know it is supposed to help team chemistry and bonding between players, but ever since we've gone to Vero, I've seen no improvement on the field (which is what really matters).  Also, the costs can not be worth it at all.  Use the facilities we have.

Please, next season, can we skip out on Vero Beach?  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

Some would say it gives us a presence over there on the East coast recruiting-wise, but I'm with you.  I think we should stop doing it.  Vero beach is not the reason we suck, but its hard not to associate it with the downfall of USF football lately.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Time in Vero has zero (0) to do with recruiting presence there. It's about having a distraction-free environment in which to focus on football and build the team's chemistry. If USF does well, it won't have a ton to do with where they camp; if USF does poorly, it won't be because they went to Vero. It's not a huge factor one way or another. It's like blaming the color of the uniform -- really not a huge factor one way or another.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  151

Time in Vero has zero (0) to do with recruiting presence there. It's about having a distraction-free environment in which to focus on football and build the team's chemistry. If USF does well, it won't have a ton to do with where they camp; if USF does poorly, it won't be because they went to Vero. It's not a huge factor one way or another. It's like blaming the color of the uniform -- really not a huge factor one way or another.

yeah--- uniforms don't matter--- it's the white helmets that are killing us

;)

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280

Vero Beach takes a couple hours to get to

Don't underestimate the bonding power of being locked in a bus with your teammates

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I think we are all just grasping for some kind of answers at this point.  Sure Vero Beach and uniform colors have nothing to do with whether or not we have a good or bad season, but you can't tell me you don't have some superstitions as a fan about what you wear to a game and pre-game rituals and stuff like that.  Although none of these affect the outcome of games, we still like to believe they do.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I, personally, don't have any of those superstitions. 

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495

So you are saying the uniforms are a little factor?   :)

Edited by Bulls Are We

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  151

I know you want GA to answer this but I think I know what factor he is talking about-- kids like the flashy uniforms and multiple choices these days. Even the most traditional teams are relenting to this pressure

it's pretty much why Maryland is a powerhouse

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495

I know you want GA to answer this but I think I know what factor he is talking about-- kids like the flashy uniforms and multiple choices these days. Even the most traditional teams are relenting to this pressure

it's pretty much why Maryland is a powerhouse

I agree with your point, but I read that as Greg saying the uniform color affects (not in a huge way) how we play on a particular day.  I know that is of course ridiculous, but was just giving Greg a hard time.