• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Clint Trickett

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Explain for those who have no idea what you're talking about?

Clint Trickett was a former FSU backup QB to EJ Manuel and it was clear he wasn't going to beat out that super stud Winston that is at FSU now.  So he decided to transfer.  USF was in his final 2 but he chose WVU over USF.  Now he isn't playing much after week 1 in WVU.  We could have used him from the looks of our current QB situation.

Sorry ... I know who Clint Trickett is. What I don't know is why you wish we had him, even though he obviously played, but is now the backup.   Was he outshined by someone else?  How much did he play?  How did he look?  Those are more of the things I was wanting to know.  

I guess you didn't bother reading that google search item I posted for you

Nope, sure didn't.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

Explain for those who have no idea what you're talking about?

Clint Trickett was a former FSU backup QB to EJ Manuel and it was clear he wasn't going to beat out that super stud Winston that is at FSU now.  So he decided to transfer.  USF was in his final 2 but he chose WVU over USF.  Now he isn't playing much after week 1 in WVU.  We could have used him from the looks of our current QB situation.

Sorry ... I know who Clint Trickett is. What I don't know is why you wish we had him, even though he obviously played, but is now the backup.   Was he outshined by someone else?  How much did he play?  How did he look?  Those are more of the things I was wanting to know.  

I guess you didn't bother reading that google search item I posted for you

Nope, sure didn't.  

you're welcome?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

it was expected for AW to redshirt though.  Very few guys come in an play QB as true freshman.

The concern with Trickett is that he is a redshirt junior and getting beat out by another junior.  No where for him to really go except to hope that the guy in front of him starts to struggle.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

From everything that I am told he is happy he is back here and took in the FSU/ Pitt game last night.

Expect Trickett to start by the 4-5th game at WVU this season, he has most potential of the 2 QBs playing right now, he has not got accustomed to playbook from what I have been told. I am looking at 7-5 this season.

I fully expect him to be QB all next season with a run at Big 12, right now a lot of the kids who will contribute end of this year and next are transfers and freshman /sophomore s.

Also he came here to learn to be QB coach, absolutely no knock on Taggart as a coach but Holgerson is hard to pass up in that QB positiin learning. Jake Spav last years QB coach here is Co-OC at Texas AM now.

Edited by jvwvu

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

After watching that game last night, I fully understand why Trickett wanted out .... that kid was awesome.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  1

That's what has me scratching my head over the years.  If a QB wants out of a program to get playing time, why not USF.  Easy to see this program needs a talented QB in the worst way.  If you can hit a receiver, have a little touch, dance a little, crap, you could be a star here.  We got some decent young men here but they are not the blue chip variety this program needs.  Need to win that QB lottery some day.  I believe in miracles.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

I don't get it.  One would think especially now where our system should translate more into the pro style. 

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558

From everything that I am told he is happy he is back here and took in the FSU/ Pitt game last night.

Expect Trickett to start by the 4-5th game at WVU this season, he has most potential of the 2 QBs playing right now, he has not got accustomed to playbook from what I have been told. I am looking at 7-5 this season.

I fully expect him to be QB all next season with a run at Big 12, right now a lot of the kids who will contribute end of this year and next are transfers and freshman /sophomore s.

Also he came here to learn to be QB coach, absolutely no knock on Taggart as a coach but Holgerson is hard to pass up in that QB positiin learning. Jake Spav last years QB coach here is Co-OC at Texas AM now.

this may be the main reason, even if he does not get the playing time he wanted, he will get the coaching exposure to lead to his longtime goal, maybe it was a great decision for him personally