• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

One final THANK YOU to McNeese State!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

Glad we could help. (;

Seriously, you have some real talent on your team. Now it's up to your coaches to take advantage of it and use it.

Finally, I must say that I think our DC had a point to prove to Taggert about not taking him with him to Tampa.

Lance Guidry is a hell of a fine coach and his kids played with A fire under their buts.

Did he want to come?

Lance says that he's still good friends with Taggart and the OC...but, Lance is an incredible competitor.  Always has been, always will be...and he's a Cowboy, through and through, first as a stand-out defensive player and this is his fourth stint on the McNeese staff...

I would expect that sort of effort from him against somebody he coached with, regardless of whether or not he liked them, hated them or was somewhere in between...

He **** sure wasn't gonna give them any quarter...

• Content Count:  14

Glad we could help. (;

Seriously, you have some real talent on your team. Now it's up to your coaches to take advantage of it and use it.Finally, I must say that I think our DC had a point to prove to Taggert about not taking him with him to Tampa.

Lance Guidry is a hell of a fine coach and his kids played with A fire under their buts.

Did he want to come?

For the pay increase certainly. Who wouldn't have? Certainly would not have chosen to remain in BG Kentucky.

• Content Count:  14

why his 4th stint? Left for other jobs?

Yes, McNeese isn't known for their coaches pay.

His 1st stint was as a GA

2nd as a DB coach.

Came back as the DC

Left for Money at Ohio and WKU

Now back as the DC.

Glad and lucky to have him back.

He was a graduate assistant....took a HS job....then he came back as an assistant for a while but he had a chance to return to the HS he graduated from as head coach...and he took that...then he came back later to be a coordinator....then his son got a scholarship to Tennessee to play defensive back, so he took a a job at Miami of Ohio to be closer to where his son was...then the head coach got fired and he took over as interim for their bowl appearance...then went to WKU, and took over as interim for their bowl appearance....and has now come home again....

why his 4th stint? Left for other jobs?

Yes, McNeese isn't known for their coaches pay.

His 1st stint was as a GA

2nd as a DB coach.

Came back as the DC

Left for Money at Ohio and WKU

Now back as the DC.

Glad and lucky to have him back.

Unfortunately, we probably have the lowest coach pay in the conference....except, maybe, for Nicholls....

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

McNeese State deserves a little more credit for their win. Maybe they are the best team in FCS history...They  made very few mistakes and took it to us. You guys have a great football team, good luck the rest of the way. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

McNesse played an amazing game. They came in hungry, prepared, conditioned, coached and fired up to prove a point. 

You folks that are giving them credit for the win, are showing great sportmanship and class for giving credit where credit was due.

Their fans were classy and polite, and they absolutely EARNED that win. They kept fighting after our opening drive, and absolutely destroyed us mentally on the field.

They absolutely earned that win, no doubt about it.

Something that was shown at this game, which can looked at in both good OR bad, is that it is clear that USF has not played REAL, passionate football in quite a long time. Everyone including the players knew that last year was a bust from the very beginning. Everyone from the coaching staff to the players threw in the towel last season, and rightfully so. But you can't expect to take an entire season off, and expect to play amazing when you're still looking around at the same group of players who threw in the towel last year.

All it takes, is for that one player on the team to pour his soul into it, and others to follow. Someone like a George Selvie, who used to be on the sidelines practically in TEARS because of how emotionally involved he was in the game, and how furious he was that he was being triple teamed. 

KOSVLCIGJTGINPH.20090713013511.jpg

One player steps up, then another, then another, then another... before you know it we're back to where we were at before. I've played on teams, I've seen this happen first hand. 

You've got a bunch of guys who are all being a bunch of sarcastic jackasses, who don't care. Then that one person takes it so seriously, that people start to notice. Then people get inspired, then people start to follow. That will happen, and we as fans need to be there to embrace that surge of energy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are the 12th man, I've personally seen what can happen when the USF fans fire up the players on the field. We've felt it, we've been there and witnessed it, and we need that noise and energy now more than EVER!!! 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  52

great post, i rewatched the game today and McNeese is full of upperclassmen and will contend for the fcs title

Thank you, guys, for the kind words.   I do hope you guys get things turned around and put your talent to work.

As far as the above post and looking at the latest FCS polls, we have a tough gauntlet to run before we can even get into the playoffs.    Of the top ten we play the no. 4, 6, & 9 teams.   No. 4 Sam Houston St., who lost to North Dakota St. in the last two National Championship games (yeah, that NDSU that beat K-State).   At least, we have them at home.  We, also have No 6 Central Arkansas and we have to go up there and play on their purple and gray birthday cake field.   And we have to go to the UNIDome and play Northern Iowa, who knocked off Iowa St. this past weekend.

It won't be easy.   I think we have a chance if we can dodge all the injuries we had last season.   Matt was quoted as saying we came out of the game with you with no injuries.  I hope we can keep that happening.

Good luck to you guys,

Doc

Edited by McNeese722