• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not only will this test our Team but the Fan Base as well.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

After last night its fair to say No One is happy with the results.  The team didn't come to play as it showed on the field and the scoreboard. Our fan base didn't show either which is poor as well ( minus the students). The Students had a good turn out.  25,000 ACTUAL BUTT'S  in the seat for opening day and the first game for a new head coach is pathetic.  I somewhat understand since we were playing McNeese State and the results of the past 2 years but 25,000 is pathetic. 

We will see what our Team and the Fan base is made of at our next home game.  Don't disappoint Bulls and Bulls fans. Stay on the Bus and lets right this ship. 

(BTW Doug Woolard still needs to be fired, not because of last night but the job over all)

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

No doubt. I'm hoping that last night was our rock bottom. There's only up from here.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Unfortunately I think the only way attendance would be higher in two weeks is with a win next Saturday.

Unless that was Alabama wearing McNeese State uniforms last night we got no prayer against Michigan State.

Sadly though I think the people were there last night were hoping to come and cheer on the Bulls. Much more energetic than the crowds have been the last couple years. Until we got our teeth kicked in of course.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

This fan base has been shredded.  There are still a number that are committed and likely always will be.  

When you think of the high around '07 to where we are now, it's not surprising the weak at heart are gone.

This has been a tough ride.  

Enough has gone wrong that it will take 10 times the work to get back to where those teams from the trailers got the program.  

Amazing, like so many other things in a University setting, money has been thrown at the problem, but it just seems to persist or get bigger.

If we can't realize where we are now and the time it will take to get better, the fan base will dissolve further.  It's going to be a tough road.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,074
  • Days Won:  38

Dude you are only going to get the core fans now.  They put so much work into the marketing of the new team to scratch together 35k and then that happened.  I could see a lot of people checking out immediately.

What they need to do is get some progress before the end of the season so the season ticket renewals don't take a huge hit.  For me, just show me some guys who want it and have some pride.  Show the progression...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

don't worry, we'll have plenty of fair weather fans returning to the stands when the team is doing better

with brand new shirts with the tags still on them, bought on the way to the stadium! 

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

ill still be there, may leave at halftime if we are getting whooped but ill be there

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,074
  • Days Won:  38

All I want to see is the team fired up for 60 minutes.  Even Taggart said some players quit last night.  Fix that, and then all I care about from there is to see improvement.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

My wife and I are alumnus. We've had 3 season tickets for a while and have attended every home game under the Holtz new error and I can honestly say that it is becoming painful to walk in to Ray Jay and watch the Bulls play. I can't remember the last time I attended a home game and left the game happy and felt good about our team. Maybe Rutgers two years ago, I don't know.

I love the Bulls but watching them play at home is becoming down right painful.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

I love the Bulls but watching them play at home is becoming down right painful.

My dad and I have referred to Ray Jay as the house of pain for the last few years. A good nickname for a home field....if the home team was the one winning.