• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it the talent?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

We have plenty of talent what we lack is good talent with depth at key positions. Our talent & depth level at QB and CB is pathetic for a BCS team. Granted we have some really good freshman come in, but a BCS team should NEVER have to rely on a bunch of freshman.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

giddens may be the most overrated player in the history of our program, and we have had a few

But he was a 4 star and we stole him from UF.  He's gotta be good. Right?  Right?

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Freshmen play on BCS caliber teams unless you don't count Georgia in the BCS.  They had 8 freshmen in the 2 deep playing Clemson last night and they didn't lose like we did!

• Upvote 1

Why all the hate for Giddens?  Lynch is supposed to be a top ten draft pick this year and he stunk up the field

Oh and I forgot a freshman won the Heisman last year!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Why all the hate for Giddens? Lynch is supposed to be a top ten draft pick this year and he stunk up the field

HANDLED by an anonymous FCS lineman. Just totally WTF-owned. Wow.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Freshmen play on BCS caliber teams unless you don't count Georgia in the BCS.  They had 8 freshmen in the 2 deep playing Clemson last night and they didn't lose like we did!

Comparing storied SEC teams that recruit the best players in the country to our average recruits isn't the same.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

Why all the hate for Giddens?  Lynch is supposed to be a top ten draft pick this year and he stunk up the field

Was only replying to that particular post.  The D line didn't play well at all.  OK, they were awful. 

I am not a football guy.  I didn't play and when I watch I'm a follow the ball guy.  But I did try to watch Lynch a couple of times and seemed like he was rush the QB mode and they ran right by him.  Like he wasn't concerned about tacking the ball carrier, I'm just going to get to the QB.  But as I said I'm no expert.

Comparing storied SEC teams that recruit the best players in the country to our average recruits isn't the same.

We were playing McNeese State for goodness sake.  Georgia was playing Clemson.  That was my point!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

There is a clear disctinction between 1-A and 1-AA (FCS), this is not a BCS, NON BCS Scenario (Although we used to never lose to non BCS teams)

There is some sentiments on this board that we have the talent and why cant we win, this is green and gold bias at its finest. Talent is a major problem, recruiting has been suspect for quite some time. Gary Shleton even stated in todays paper.

Football is an ultimate team sport and one player cannot take over a game like a stud in basketball or a dominant pitcher in baseball.

If our talent was good, it would show against a 1 -AA team, our defense would not give up 53 points, give up all those first downs, our offense would manage to score more than 7 points before the game got out of hand and the other team layed back, our special teams would hit a field goal, not throw a snap over the punters head, and out return team would down the ball in the endzone when we can take it out to the 25 yard line.

Taggart is known as a recruiter and he has a lot of work to do............

Of course its the talent

• Upvote 1