• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TV Options for McNeese St Game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Is it worth it for you guys to nix cable like that? We've thought about it numerous times but I just don't see how I'd be able to watch all the games (CFB, NCAAB, NFL, NBA) live. Ireally don't care about tv shows since I usually DVR them anyway

can't comment on the cable...I would think that would be tough, but did get rid of the home phone line about 4 yrs ago and haven't missed it once.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I don't have a TV. Only watch sports, and you can get everything you need at a bar or on firstrowsports.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

we have no cable. by choice. CBS Sports NBC Sports ESPN all have apps for Ipad. havent looked for fox sports app yet but the CBS and NBC apps show games on saturdays,strictly Notre Dame on NBC app....firstrowsports on cpu on sundays for NFL and just bought an indoor antenna for Bucs games. we have Apple Tv also which mirrors the ipad and have a plug for ipad with a hdmi output on it. Plus My father in law and fellow  Bulls fan lives 2 miles away. So we split the games and travel to each others house. I will say the watchespn app for ipad is up and down with quality but so far (knocks on wood) the added watchespn app on Apple Tv has been great. We dropped cable and home phone from Brighthouse and only pay for internet. So many apps out there that we dont miss any shows we like and I am actually watching more football now than i was with cable....we pay $80+change a month for B-House high speed internet

Edited by BiggTipp

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

we have no cable. by choice. CBS Sports NBC Sports ESPN all have apps for Ipad. havent looked for fox sports app yet but the CBS and NBC apps show games on saturdays,strictly Notre Dame on NBC app....firstrowsports on cpu on sundays for NFL and just bought an indoor antenna for Bucs games. we have Apple Tv also which mirrors the ipad and have a plug for ipad with a hdmi output on it. Plus My father in law and fellow  Bulls fan lives 2 miles away. So we split the games and travel to each others house. I will say the watchespn app for ipad is up and down with quality but so far (knocks on wood) the added watchespn app on Apple Tv has been great. We dropped cable and home phone from Brighthouse and only pay for internet. So many apps out there that we dont miss any shows we like and I am actually watching more football now than i was with cable....we pay $80+change a month for B-House high speed internet

Might have to do this... paying for cable sucks.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I agree Bubba, I'm forking out nearly $140 a month for cable/internet/phone. Cutting phone does nothing to the price, we've already asked. Cutting cable would save us nearly $60 per month and $720 per year! I just need to make sure that I can always watch my Bulls play...and other sporting events I need to see live.

In these days, saving a few bucks goes a long way for me. Wife wants to be a stay at home mom with our 4 month old and we're working off of 1 GOV salary.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

How can you use those apps with no cable subscription? Thought you needed a cable subscription to watch those because you have to sign-in to your account.

Would love to know if there is a workaround

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

How can you use those apps with no cable subscription? Thought you needed a cable subscription to watch those because you have to sign-in to your account.

You just need an affilate ISP for ESPN3 on your computer. I posted the list earlier in this thread. Some apps won't work with that method though and you must sign in with an affiliated TV provider, like the phone app, but the XBox app does work without that and apparently so does Apple TV.

I don't have Apple TV, I have a Roku which is similar with over 700 free channels. Hopefully they will be adding an ESPN3 app.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

We did just get internet phone, $44/month for an ATT line with no long distance was riduclous. Went with Ooma. If your internet is down, it routes calls to your cell phone. Unlike Vonage, its free, just pay for the taxes each month, around $3. 911 works with it too and free unlimited long distance.

We have an OTA too. The picture is better than Dish. I was kinda floored the first time I ran the scan and came back with over 60 channels. However, many are parked, religious, home shopping or Spanish. Still the network feeds via antenna are awesome and its kinda nostalgic watching TV that way again.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Very carefully

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Ok so what are my options in Atlanta to see this game ?

Being its on E3 will there be a USF event here?  I dont see it on direct TV either

:facepalm:

Why you gotta be a **** about it?

Yes, there will be at least two events in the ATL, but I don't remember where they meet.

Send a PM to GaUSFBull, he should know the locations

http://thebullspen.com/index.php/user/8479-gausfbull/