• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

This 'walk' thing may take an entire season to catch on and mushroom into something.

This is the thing. Hopefully USF has the patience to let this thing grow and don't get discouraged right off the bat. I'm not on that side of the stadium so don't know how quick those closer lots fill up but usually walk over there around 5:30 with the kids and the Bull Zone is usually pretty active.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

The whole process seems forced.

it might work but is it better than just pulling the whole team into the bus parking spaces inside the stadium (as we have always done) 150 feet from the locker rooms and let the athletes focus on the game? These other programs that have a walk do so because it is often the easiest way to get their team to the game.

We seem to be going out of our way to complicate the team game day preparation in the name of tradition or making the handful of people who want to pretend they are UF happy. Let's look at what Pitt does as our example since they have a similar setup.

Now that I have shown my disdain for this idea-- let me offer something they could do that might be fun and accomplish the same point-- get an old school bus with the windows down and let Taggart drive the players around through the parking lots pre-game to get the fans excited. That would allow them to visit more areas. THIS PLAN ASSUMES THEY HAVE A BUNCH OF TIME PRE-GAME TO WASTE ON THIS TYPE OF CRAP (they don't).

This isn't about being lazy or not a "real fan". It's about letting things grow on their own, sometimes out of necessity

But good luck with the walk-- hope someone gets something out of it.

PS-- also not a fan of war flamingos

I disagree with pretty much everything you said, except the school bus part. THAT would be so cool!

Just curious, doesn't something have to start before it can grow?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I still think the logistics are flawed. We don't have a single meeting area like Auburn or Ole Miss

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I still think the logistics are flawed. We don't have a single meeting area like Auburn or Ole Miss

YET! :)

We've all got to start somewhere.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

let's throw some what if scenarios into the mix--

let say it is pouring rain when they are supposed to do the walk of shame....err... Bull Walk --- yeah-- let's force the guys out of the bus a few blocks from the stadium so they can get soaked and tired and frustrated. no need to deliver the team to the facility directly when there is a smattering of a chance that we make 1000 people excited 2 hours before the game (provided they show up, know where to go, and the team is worth being excited about to begin with).

Someone said you have to start something before it will grow. I guess we could try to grow grass on the moon. It seems possible, impractical but possible. or we could just let the moon be the moon

Darn Mike I haven't seen you this riled up in a long time.

Edited by Bull-by-Marriage

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

let say it is pouring rain when they are supposed to do the walk of shame....err... Bull Walk --- yeah-- let's force the guys out of the bus a few blocks from the stadium so they can get soaked and tired and frustrated. no need to deliver the team to the facility directly when there is a smattering of a chance that we make 1000 people excited 2 hours before the game (provided they show up, know where to go, and the team is worth being excited about to begin with).

Someone said you have to start something before it will grow. I guess we could try to grow grass on the moon. It seems possible, impractical but possible. or we could just let the moon be the moon

debbie-downer.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Someone said you have to start something before it will grow. I guess we could try to grow grass on the moon. I mean grass looks awesome on Earth so why not the moon? It seems possible, impractical but possible. or we could just let the moon be the moon

USF buses will enter the parking lot from North Dale Mabry Highway and stop at the Bulls Zone located in front of the South Plaza entrance between gates C and D. Hardly a few blocks.

Edited by deters-

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Deters, from previous posts and facebook it sounds like they will be dropped of around lot 6 or 6D so they can walk through the Bull Zone area.  I'm sure if it is raining, the walk will be cancelled.

I'm sure Coach T will talk about it tonight during the radio show.  I will try to listen but won't have time to call in.  If someone has concerns, call in and ask the details, etc. 

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Building a connection with the fanbase is a positive thing... little things like this are how you bring Tampa kids up to love the Bulls from day 1, rather than us being the second or third option when the bigger schools pass.