• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

are there really $4 dollar tickets for the home opener?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

Mike - The value of the product is not set by the person selling the product.

Your story about Sweet Tomatoes is appropos.  USF could sell tickets without a discount, and fewer people would buy them... the "I don't have a coupon" mindset.

I believe in the "butts in seats" mantra... So I have no problem with  $4 tickets, and I don't think it makes me feel like I paid too much for my seats.

It's a supply and demand thing... There just isn't enough demand to watch USF at the current prices... Winning creates demand; losing reduces it.  If the team starts to win, then demand will start to but tickets at current prices.  Heck, in 2007 USF started selling three-game packages DURING the year because it was tapping into increased demand.

I know quite a few former season ticket holders who dropped their season tickets because of the team's current situation and prognosis for the future in The American... they are planning to just buy tickets to games they want to see.

Ultimately, if CWT can fulfill the potential we all hope and see in him, then the days of Groupon are gone... just like if Sweet Tomatoes improved the quality of their food, they would stop offering coupons because even Mike would stop without one.

Your first line, while mostly true, can be greatly influenced by the seller. The seller can diminish the value of the product very easily by giving it away.

Your last line is not correct when it comes to me. If they stopped offering coupons, after I was "trained" not to wait for a coupon, I would return. But improving the food is not a factor. I won't pay full price when I know the discount is easy to find and use. (I do pay full price for USF tickets when cheaper alternatives are out there, but that is in part a donation in my mind. If I lived in another city and bought tickets just to see the games, I would never overpay for them.)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

Its kinda a slap in the face to pay 40- 50 bucks a ticket per se,(plus the yearly donation) only to have some McNeese St, Miami or FIU fan sitting in front of you who pays 4 bucks.

First off, are they even selling tickets for $4?? I couldn't find anything about it  ... and considering the knucklehead who started the thread, the veracity is in serious doubt. Second, there's no way they're selling $4 or even $10 tickets in sections where you've got donors paying $40-$50, plus the BC donation ... That's the advantage of having the large capacity stadium. I completely agree with Jim's "butts in the seats" mantra.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

Its kinda a slap in the face to pay 40- 50 bucks a ticket per se,(plus the yearly donation) only to have some McNeese St, Miami or FIU fan sitting in front of you who pays 4 bucks.

First off, are they even selling tickets for $4?? I couldn't find anything about it  ... and considering the knucklehead who started the thread, the veracity is in serious doubt. Second, there's no way they're selling $4 or even $10 tickets in sections where you've got donors paying $40-$50, plus the BC donation ... That's the advantage of having the large capacity stadium. I completely agree with Jim's "butts in the seats" mantra.

Smazza was probably talking about Stubhub tickets: http://www.stubhub.com/south-florida-bulls-football-tickets/south-florida-vs-mcneese-state-8-31-2013-4252837/

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Could have been his Rutgers pals messing with him again.

this is a problem. I know many people who say:

"Why pay $215 for a season ticket when I can pay $10 a game and sit in the lower bowl anyways?"

I can't get people to buy a block with me because of this. Its so easy to go to games and its so cheap. I only buy season tickets to support the program. Otherwise they have no value.

You're talking about cheap tickets that aren't bought through USF right? .... Or are you talking about buying $10 tix from USF to get in and then going down and sitting in the lower bowl?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

There's a solution to every problem.

Winning solves this one.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Winning solves every problem we've ever bitched about on this board.

Winning wouldn't stop people from doing The Wave ....

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

While we are on offense, the play clock running down and the qb trying to audible.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Yeah it would. Winning means more buzz. Buzz means more demand for tickets. More demand for tickets means higher prices. Higher prices mean more real fans. Real fans hate the wave.