• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

are there really $4 dollar tickets for the home opener?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

or is someone pulling my leg?

what a great deal if true?

why not make the games free than in those sections?

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

$4 and then you add the $312 "convenience fee" and delivery(via your printer) and the grand total is $398 plus parking additional if requested.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Torn on the discounted ticket ideal.  It diminishes the value of the tickets that we Season Ticket Holders pay Full Value for,  In addition to our yearly Donor Donation.   However its good to get more fans into the stadium and build a fan base. 

Some school offer discounted tickets as well like USF is doing apparently,  but they put them in the LESS Desirable sections that Donors wouldn't consider sitting in.    

Its kinda a slap in the face to pay 40- 50 bucks a ticket per se,(plus the yearly donation) only to have some McNeese St, Miami or FIU fan sitting in front of you who pays 4 bucks.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

Everyone know the restaurant Sweet Tomatoes. I really like their food. They run coupons in the Sunday paper, basically every week, thus every time I go there I have a coupon.

Now lets say I am out driving and hungry, and I drive by a Sweet Tomatoes, but I don't happen to have a coupon with me. Do I stop, Not a Chance! Why, because in my mind the food isn't worth full price because I always have a coupon. When too many discounts and deals are in the marketplace, customers lose their willingness to pay full price.

Cheap tickets for the I-AA game isn't too bad, but wow did I hate when we put tickets up via Groupon and other deals. This was always the battle between butts in the seats versus bring in the most money. USF needs to correctly value its program to both season ticket holders and single game buyers.  (this isn't a post USF revelation I had, I was saying this stuff from the inside too - I always knew who would agree with me, and who had to be convinced)

It is ok to have cheap seats, as long as the quality of the least expensive tickets fit their price.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

It is ok to have cheap seats, as long as the quality of the least expensive tickets fit their price.

agreed, 

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233

Or if and when they make the Cheap seats avail , Give the Donors, Season Ticket Holders something extra,  Like a free Soda, Beer, Meal voucher,  or have a cook out/ tail gate for Donors /Season Ticket Holders Only.

We support the school with Donations to help build the program and support it.  We buy season Tickets at FACE Value to do the same thing. We buy Away games and Bowl games thru the school so the school doesn't eat the tickets or lose more money.( could get cheaper and better seats on stubhub).

Just a pet peeve of mine to see that I could sit in MUCH BETTER seats for half the price by buying individual games or waiting and not committing to the cause.

Unfort with the current Conference affiliation and teams we play, Seats are Plentiful  and Usually Never an issue to pick up at the last minute.

Im not giving up Season Tickets wont stop donating, Just saying maybe they should look at those who donate, buy and give them perks, Not those who come for the one four dollar game on the hopes they will come back again.  Good customer service is to give back to those who support you full time.

Ask the BUC'S about pissing off the fans,  Black outs, lack of ticket sales, ect....

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Don't forget the $20 parking. $24 is a lot to pay for the average FSU and Gator fan to watch USF beat up on Mcnese state. Make it free and we will get more bored Noles and Gates into the stands while the periodically check scores of SEC or TOP 25 games on their phones.

Mike - The value of the product is not set by the person selling the product.

Your story about Sweet Tomatoes is appropos.  USF could sell tickets without a discount, and fewer people would buy them... the "I don't have a coupon" mindset.

I believe in the "butts in seats" mantra... So I have no problem with  $4 tickets, and I don't think it makes me feel like I paid too much for my seats.

It's a supply and demand thing... There just isn't enough demand to watch USF at the current prices... Winning creates demand; losing reduces it.  If the team starts to win, then demand will start to but tickets at current prices.  Heck, in 2007 USF started selling three-game packages DURING the year because it was tapping into increased demand.

I know quite a few former season ticket holders who dropped their season tickets because of the team's current situation and prognosis for the future in The American... they are planning to just buy tickets to games they want to see.

Ultimately, if CWT can fulfill the potential we all hope and see in him, then the days of Groupon are gone... just like if Sweet Tomatoes improved the quality of their food, they would stop offering coupons because even Mike would stop without one.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

this is a problem. I know many people who say:

"Why pay $215 for a season ticket when I can pay $10 a game and sit in the lower bowl anyways?"

I can't get people to buy a block with me because of this. Its so easy to go to games and its so cheap. I only buy season tickets to support the program. Otherwise they have no value.