• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SI's American Conference preview

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Interesting about our predicted record ... they have us 3-5 in conference (typical for USF) but 3-1 out of conference, which means a win over Miami or - more likely - Michigan State.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130815/american-athletic-conference-preview/?xid=si_ncaaf

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

that is pretty much what we do every year.  have a strong OOC win and fall on our face during conference play.  sounds about right.  although I am hoping for a much better conf record than 3-5

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I'll gladly take 6-6 in a rebuilding year. Louisville, Miami and Michigan State will be tough. So will that school we have never ever lost to.

Wins should come against, McNeese, FAU, Memphis and Houston.

Toss ups will be: UConn, Rutgers, Cincinnati, SMU and UCF

The other 3 are losses on paper, but you never know.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I think Miami will be the toughest game on our schedule. These player should be able to go 4-4 in conference and 3-1 or 2-2 out of conference. So 6-6 or 7-5.

If nobody really steps up at QB then 5-7, if a QB can step up then possibly 7-5, maybe even 8-4 if the defense, special teams, and QB all over achieve. I think the players, as a matter of fact, expect to go bowling this year and I am optimistic because of the new coaching staff.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I think Miami will be the toughest game on our schedule. These player should be able to go 4-4 in conference and 3-1 or 2-2 out of conference. So 6-6 or 7-5.

If nobody really steps up at QB then 5-7, if a QB can step up then possibly 7-5, maybe even 8-4 if the defense, special teams, and QB all over achieve. I think the players, as a matter of fact, expect to go bowling this year and I am optimistic because of the new coaching staff.

Excellent post. 100% cosign

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  209
  • Days Won:  0

I'll gladly take 6-6 in a rebuilding year. Louisville, Miami and Michigan State will be tough. So will that school we have never ever lost to.

The toss up games... Really?  UConn and SMU are likely wins, but Rutgers, Cincinnati and UCF are not.  Rutgers has USF's numbers and it in December.  UCF has more than enough offense to give USF trouble, plus it's at their place and a rivalry game.  Cincinnati catches more breaks with the schedule this year where their don't have back to back hard games.  Cincinnati has USF sandwiched between Miami (OH) and Temple... fixed!!!

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

If Leavitt were still here, we'd be going 9-3, at worst, this year.

Used to be, we didn't lose to non-AQ schools (until last year). Our conference is full of em this year. And, we're usually good for a big win OOC (last year was the first without one of those as well..)

The cupboard is a lot more bare then CJL would've let it get though; but I think CWT is about his equal coaching wise. I say 7-5 or 8-4; with losses to MSU, UM, UL/Rutgers, and *gulp* UCF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

The toss up games... Really?  UConn and SMU are likely wins, but Rutgers, Cincinnati and UCF are not.  Rutgers has USF's numbers and it in December.  UCF has more than enough offense to give USF trouble, plus it's at their place and a rivalry game.  Cincinnati catches more breaks with the schedule this year where their don't have back to back hard games.  Cincinnati has USF sandwiched between Miami (OH) and Temple... fixed!!!

We catch Cincy after their great rivalry game with Miami (OH) ... Could be a chance for a letdown.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The toss up games... Really?  UConn and SMU are likely wins, but Rutgers, Cincinnati and UCF are not.  Rutgers has USF's numbers and it in December.  UCF has more than enough offense to give USF  trouble, plus it's at their place and a rivalry game.  Cincinnati catches more breaks with the schedule this year where their don't have back to back hard games.  Cincinnati has USF sandwiched between Miami (OH) and Temple... fixed!!!

We catch Cincy after their great rivalry game with Miami (OH) ... Could be a chance for a letdown.

Not sure if sarcastic, but no way Cincy overlooks the Miami (Ohio) game. It really is a big game in southwest Ohio and i's the biggest game on Miami's schedule.