• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Getting Ready...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We are continuing our tradition of trying to cook foods from the visiting team's area.  So McNeese State gets shrimp, gumbo, cornbread, hopefully some bread pudding with a whiskey sauce and the drink of the week will be Hurricanes. 

What?   No jambalaya?   No boudin for appetizers?

;)

Doc

I agree, his menu is a little lacking.  No muffaletta?  No etouffee?  Red beans and rice?  Pralines?

How can you leave off beignets??

Beignets require a deep fat fryer.  That could be tough at a tailgate.  Plus it's a night game, I would consider them for an early day game.

Still can't believe no muffaletta, though.  It's perfect for tailgating.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

best muffaletta i had was in nashville,tn. twas amazing.

best muffaletta i had was in nashville,tn. twas amazing.

Every year we have a Mardi Gras party and my wife makes an incredible muffaletta.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

mmmm ... muffalettas.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

@deters-  You might want to change your pic, now. Jenkins is in a Raiders uniform this year! Like the Bulls sign, though, that's a pretty cool pic.

Funny, though, I was just at Cowboys Stadium (I know, it's AT&T now) and Mike still has a locker spot with his name there.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

The beer is probably made by Abita?

Had an Abita Turbo Dog in that riverside mall in new Orleans about a week before the mall got hit by a barge. Haven't touched the stuff since.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

@deters-  You might want to change your pic, now. Jenkins is in a Raiders uniform this year! Like the Bulls sign, though, that's a pretty cool pic.

Funny, though, I was just at Cowboys Stadium (I know, it's AT&T now) and Mike still has a locker spot with his name there.

good point. decided to update it for our buddies at mouse U.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

good point. decided to update it for our buddies at mouse U.

Outstanding update, love it!

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

I plan to go low and slow at home, wrap it tight and let the food continue to cook while I drink, and then finish it off at the site.  Food stops taking on smoke after 150 degrees, so saucing/glazing can be done over some simple coals or grill...

What?! You're not going to oversleep, start a Boston Butt at 7 a.m. and then show up to Homecoming late like I did last year?  With the smoker, the trick is getting everything done just before leaving and letting it rest as you drive to the stadium.  And arriving with enough time to eat before kick off.......

We tried out a new set of ribs this past weekeend for that exact reason.  Slow in the oven for a few hours over beer and finished with coals about 15 minutes later.  They came out great. 

If I'm sticking with an old school recipe to cook at the game, I like flank steak sandwhiches: add chili/garlic/coffee/paprika rub, orange and lime juice after cooking, cut avocado, romaine lettuce and toasted sub-style bun, dash of Cayenne, slice the meat, assemble sammich, FEAST.

For McNeese maybe we should do Oysters popped over the grill in honor of the visiting team...  I like that tradition.