• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just ran into this: "A Way Forward: A Plan For USF"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  12

Posted on voodoofive recently. 

With just three weeks before first-game-eve, I wanted to echo Taggart's sentiment that the past is the past and that I'm on board with adopting that spirit of '97, that this article articulates well at the end: 

We were always the underdog, but that underdog mentality filtered from the top to every single student-athlete. We worked harder and wanted it more than the bluebloods, because we knew we were in on the ground floor of a growth stock. Now that stock has been severely downgraded, but the fundamentals are still there. 12th largest TV market, huge student base, outstanding facilities (some of which need to be finished, by the way), and some of America's most fertile recruiting territory. These were the things USF hung its hat on, and rode it from no team to a BCS conference in eight years.

The promise of this program CAN be fulfilled. It has been delayed, but shouldn't ever be denied.

It is going to take everyone's buying in. USF didn't rise to be where it was with one person. It took the whole university community to adopt this crazy idea that USF could make it. We are faced with an equally crazy idea now, that we can get back, and break through even thicker walls this time. Well, challenge accepted. Let's go. #stampede

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

I go to graduate school in TN and there are several students in my class that are USF grads.  They show no love for USF.  For them, it was just a school they attended.  They do not follow the athletics or even talk about their time there.  There is no loyalty.  Most of the students in my class know about USF and I always talk about our program.  On the other hand, we have probably the same amount of UCF grads and they have nothing but UCF pride.  I just don't know what we are doing wrong or what they are doing right.  We need to get that feeling of pride instilled in USF students.  Start at the source.  I truly believe we can be a powerhouse program.  We just have to work hard, get everyone on board and believe, and win games.  The rest will fall into place (P5 invite).  GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Very powerful quote. Haven't had that kind of passion towards our University since Leavitt left. Excited to see what they can do!

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

I go to graduate school in TN and there are several students in my class that are USF grads.  They show no love for USF.  For them, it was just a school they attended.  They do not follow the athletics or even talk about their time there.  There is no loyalty.  Most of the students in my class know about USF and I always talk about our program.  On the other hand, we have probably the same amount of UCF grads and they have nothing but UCF pride.  I just don't know what we are doing wrong or what they are doing right.  We need to get that feeling of pride instilled in USF students.  Start at the source.  I truly believe we can be a powerhouse program.  We just have to work hard, get everyone on board and believe, and win games.  The rest will fall into place (P5 invite).  GO BULLS!

I'll bet if you were in graduate school 5 or 6 years ago it would have been the opposite.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

UCF grads are not any more devoted than USF grads.  There are plenty of UCF grads that follow UCF as their second or third school of choice, if at all.  When you grow up in a household full of FSU, Georgia, Alabama, whoever, it isn't easy to just turn that off.  It takes decades to cultivate a fan base, and USF hasn't been at it that long.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

good read

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,705
  • Days Won:  424

I go to graduate school in TN and there are several students in my class that are USF grads.  They show no love for USF.  For them, it was just a school they attended.  They do not follow the athletics or even talk about their time there.  There is no loyalty. 

Do they care about college athletics at all? I'm sure there are plenty students on campus now that just don't give a rat's ass about college sports so maybe you've got some of them up there ...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

There are plenty of students at USC, Florida, Texas, etc., that don't care about athletics.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

I go to graduate school in TN and there are several students in my class that are USF grads.  They show no love for USF.  For them, it was just a school they attended.  They do not follow the athletics or even talk about their time there.  There is no loyalty. 

Do they care about college athletics at all? I'm sure there are plenty students on campus now that just don't give a rat's ass about college sports so maybe you've got some of them up there ...

This^. I have a cousin that graduated from UF and he doesn't follow college sports at all. I mean he's happy they won national championships and all, but he doesn't actually follow it. It all depends on the individual. I have plenty of friends that graduated USF with me and they don't follow USF much. As in my cousin's case, they are happy to hear if we won something or pulled in a great recruit, but they don't actually follow.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If you're at East Tennessee State, look up the Sheriff, he'll be arriving there this fall if he isn't already in town.