• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's Sheridan breaks down four-man QB battle

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Another good article from Greg.   Maybe it's just how the quotes happened to break in the article, but from what's posted Sheridan mentions Bench a lot.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/usfs-sheridan-breaks-down-four-man-qb-battle/2132749

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Agreed. I believe once practice starts, you will see Bench emerge as the leader.

Can't be any worse than the spring game I witnessed....and he knows how to run the power.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I think this paragraph pretty much sums up who will be the starting QB this year.

"He's a coach's son, and that brings some savviness about you and awareness, just by being exposed to the game so long," Sheridan said. "He's just a good football player. He's athletic, he can run, do some of those things. He just plays football. Sometimes that can go unnoticed with quarterbacks. You can think Bobby throws a pretty spiral or he can do this, that or another. At the end of the day, I tell our guys 'You're football players first.' You have four downs to get 10 yards, and however you go about doing that, there's lots of different ways to do it. For (Bench), the thing that's exciting is that he's just a good football player who has a good awareness."

Edited by CPR
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

Ehhh... this article just got me more worried. Makes it sound like all QB's on roster are mediocre at best. I just hope our defense steps up big time.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

The QB's are and have been mediocre. Nothing new.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Sheridan is by no means negative about any one of the QBs, but I read that he talked up Floyd and B. Eveld just as much as Bench.  Vero still has yet to play out, but at this point, out of Bench, Floyd and Eveld, I wouldn't be surprised to see any one of those three starting against McNeese.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Sheridan is by no means negative about any one of the QBs, but I read that he talked up Floyd and B. Eveld just as much as Bench.  Vero still has yet to play out, but at this point, out of Bench, Floyd and Eveld, I wouldn't be surprised to see any one of those three starting against McNeese.

Yeah, I really don't see White in the picture at all for this year.  Sounded more to me that he thought Bench was showing the most leadership and understanding of the system.  But I agree that there will be a three way battle for a while.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

I think he is talking up Bench quite  a bit. Does not want to anoint him a starter until he sees him with pads on and like he said Coach T makes that decision not him.  It is Bench's job to lose make no mistake about it. The better he prepares the other QBs the better we are when one gets hurt. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I think our defense better learn how to score TDs.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Ought to be an interesting camp. Floyd & Eveld have the game experience, but that stuff definitely sounds good about Bench. Hope he shines, just want to see one of those guys become the clear choice so we can stop our worrying.

...as if that's going to happen for another month.