• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Nope, he's hoping for a UL offer and keeping us on the back burner.

I suspect we'll know as early as this weekend, but likely by end of next week. Dyer has to pick a spot soon, if he wants to get on board. After sitting a year out, there's no telling how long it'll take him to back into game shape, but practice is critical for him, or injuries are more likely, IMO. Conditioning is great, but conditioning to physical contact is huge.

Well said

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Joe Schad â€@schadjoe 4m

Michael Dyer still has USF as option; has been hoping Louisville visit/offer could still be possible

IF he has an offer from us, and wants to be here, commit... a bit annoyed that a chance was given (if we are to believe it has been) but not taken...

(I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE BUTT HURT!)

Butt hurt is not real; it is a product of the thoughts you create .... butt hurt is a choice.

It's hard to argue THIS year that USF is better for him, if he's looking for team success and a platform to the NFL.  What we do give is a young coach that can mentor him, and a lock on being not just a starter, but a workhorse putting up big numbers.  I realize we're not the SEC, or even the ACC...and we have to live with that disadvantage.  That said, hopefully Lville passes (I don't think they're as selective as some would want us to believe), and Dyer quits the search & gets to USF campus to get started on his trek to the NFL, after taking us to a 9 win season.

What?

You seriously think USF is a better option for him if he wants to go to the NFL than a team that many believe have a legit shot at the NC game?

Seriously?

We were 81st in rushing offense last year, UL was 99th. I'd bet that we'll be just a little better at carrying the ball this year.

He'll still get more positive pub on an 11-1 team going to major bowl game than a 7-5 team going to the St Pete Bowl.  NFL teams don't care nearly as much about stats as fans do. 

Not if he doesn't get enough carries. CWT tends to like to run the ball, while UL's best player is their QB. It's simple, he gets more exposure, the more carries he gets.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He would get less carries at UL but he would also see less 8 man fronts at UL which would be more beneficial.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

He would get less carries at UL but he would also see less 8 man fronts at UL which would be more beneficial.

But our girls are prettier.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Not so sure about that. For the first time ever we have a true weapon at TE. The defenses will have to stay honest if we can develop the play action pass.

If Davis, Dunkley and Montgomery can emerge as reliable receivers we will have a well rounded offense.

There are more weapons and talent on this team than we had in the Andre Hall years.

I only recall about half dozen passes actually in the middle of the field last year. If our bigger receivers can go over the middle plus Price and maybe Swanson over the middle should keep the LBs honest.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Without a proven QB teams will stack the line until we prove we can hurt them through the air consistently. UL has already proven that

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Not so sure about that. For the first time ever we have a true weapon at TE. The defenses will have to stay honest if we can develop the play action pass.

If Davis, Dunkley and Montgomery can emerge as reliable receivers we will have a well rounded offense.

There are more weapons and talent on this team than we had in the Andre Hall years.

I only recall about half dozen passes actually in the middle of the field last year. If our bigger receivers can go over the middle plus Price and maybe Swanson over the middle should keep the LBs honest.

BJ never was comfortable throwing over the middle. He didn't have a great touch pass and wasn't tall enough for that to be an effective part of his game. This offense will be completely different. Dyer will flourish behind a CWT run first and burn em when they cheat offense. If they stack the box, Price, Montgomery and Dunkley are fully capable of going up for it over the middle.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

BJ never was comfortable throwing over the middle. He didn't have a great touch pass and wasn't tall enough for that to be an effective part of his game. This offense will be completely different. Dyer will flourish behind a CWT run first and burn em when they cheat offense. If they stack the box, Price, Montgomery and Dunkley are fully capable of going up for it over the middle.

I think we see McFarland emerge this season, as well.  He's knows time is running out, and Price blew by him last year.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Its a personal feeling and I'd love to have Dyer but if he is using USF as a fall back/leverage I feel like Taggart should pull the offer Monday morning. This is a kid who no one wants to touch and if you're taking longer than a week to decide have fun in the FCS...

I think showing the guys we have on roster we believe in them is more important then hoping Dyer comes(even if he were to sign a day before camp)

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Its a personal feeling and I'd love to have Dyer but if he is using USF as a fall back/leverage I feel like Taggart should pull the offer Monday morning. This is a kid who no one wants to touch and if you're taking longer than a week to decide have fun in the FCS...

I think showing the guys we have on roster we believe in them is more important then hoping Dyer comes(even if he were to sign a day before camp)

Good points...which may explain why I'm getting mixed feelings on the guy.