• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you could pick ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Who would you choose to run and promote our conference ?

This may sound crazy but I would take Vince McMahon.  Yes the chairman of the board of WWE wrestling.  This guy is one of the best promoters ever.  He has turned the WWE into a multi-billion dollar business in sports entertainment.  He would get eyeballs watching us and zoom zoom comes the TV money.  It would be fun just to see what he did to promote the American.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I give McMahon a lot of credit for what he has done with professional wrestling.  He's built an empire.  

That said, if he was hired as commish, we would look even less legitimate than we do right now.  

I would go for Paul Tagliabue - just for a couple of years.  He had been an adviser to the Big East for a while, and while he is retired and probably doesn't want a major job, one could argue that this is not.  :D  

In all seriousness, he would be a legit face for the conference.  

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

This may sound crazy but I would take Vince McMahon.  Yes the chairman of the board of WWE wrestling.  This guy is one of the best promoters ever.  He has turned the WWE into a multi-billion dollar business in sports entertainment.  He would get eyeballs watching us and zoom zoom comes the TV money.  It would be fun just to see what he did to promote the American.

dabull80 - I don't know how old you are ... but Vince took a stab at running a football league a little while back... it didn't turn out very well.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

What did Tagliabue do except line his pockets with consulting fees?

I don't think it matters who is the commish unless they are a billionaire who is going to augment each team's yearly TV money. Probably the smartest move would be getting one of the higher ups in the SEC who knows the inner workings and how to exploit any chinks in their armor (although I doubt there are any).

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

dabull80 - I don't know how old you are ... but Vince took a stab at running a football league a little while back... it didn't turn out very well.

The XFL was awful.

I don't think it matters who is the commish unless they are a billionaire who is going to augment each team's yearly TV money. Probably the smartest move would be getting one of the higher ups in the SEC who knows the inner workings and how to exploit any chinks in their armor (although I doubt there are any).

I really miss Mike Slive, he did so much good for C-USA when he was there.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

I liked that league's ideas for cheerleaders and flexibility in player's names though.

he-hate-me.jpg

chi47.JPG

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

That's pretty much all he did.  However, he's been a successful commissioner of the NFL, it stands to reason he could do just as good of a job with the American.  

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Yup, XFL was a complete disaster, and he loses quite a bit of money on WWE Films projects. Taglibue is a fine pipedream answer, I like it.

As a XFL sidenote ... Tom Veit, who is a USF grad and worked as Associate AD for External Affairs ran the Orlando team of the XFL, and if my memory is correct, they did much better than the league average in terms of attendance ..... but the league as a whole was never going to make it.