• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Try Amazon Prime Free 30 Day Trial, TheBullsPen earns $2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Signed up, but the streaming video is not free. It's just like the iTunes store - but with an annual fee. You have to pay extra for almost everything. I'm guessing the shipping pays for itself for heavy users, but I don't see any benefit to keeping the Prime account for people like me who buy very little.

For folks who use it, what's the benefit?

Streaming video is free for 30 days and then $79 for year.  With free shipping on many amazon items.  Tough to beat.  Destroys iTunes in my book.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Plus if you buy movies, I find they are most always if not always cheaper on Amazon.  As is music.  Hence while I am in possession of an iPhone and a couple iPads, I use a kindle mostly.  Even without a kindle, amazon has an app for you to view streaming and purchased on apple devices.

Yes, I am an Amazon guy.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Plus if you buy movies, I find they are most always if not always cheaper on Amazon.  As is music.  Hence while I am in possession of an iPhone and a couple iPads, I use a kindle mostly.  Even without a kindle, amazon has an app for you to view streaming and purchased on apple devices.

Yes, I am an Amazon guy.

Yep, and if you have a kindle you can read a few books in their store for free. I have done this with two or%2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Ours stream on our Xbox for free? We pay the yearly charge though.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

Signed up, but the streaming video is not free. It's just like the iTunes store - but with an annual fee. You have to pay extra for almost everything. I'm guessing the shipping pays for itself for heavy users, but I don't see any benefit to keeping the Prime account for people like me who buy very little.

For folks who use it, what's the benefit?

There are Amazon Prime Instant videos that are free. They also have movies that you can pay to rent or buy. Look for Prime Instant videos. They are all free. I think they have The Avengers on there now which is a pretty big title

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

They had tons of great Prime instant videos when I went on there tonight. Better selection than what netflix streaming puts out, that's for sure. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

what are you guys finding for free? Almost every thing I looked at was a charge Very few titles were listed as free. I think I must have been in the wrong part of the site.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

what are you guys finding for free? Almost every thing I looked at was a charge Very few titles were listed as free. I think I must have been in the wrong part of the site.

You must have. While some titles I would like to watch are not available through Prime, most are. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

You must have. While some titles I would like to watch are not available through Prime, most are. 

I found LOTS of titles, but almost nothing was for free.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I found LOTS of titles, but almost nothing was for free.

Don't know your tastes. Give me an example.

From my perspective, the $79/yr. is worth it between all of the Dora the Explorers, and the Go Diego stuff. It's like giving the grandkids quaaludes so the Mrs. and I can get a few things done around the house. 

Edited by swamprat