• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football & men's bball, are we in better shape now (June '13) than in (June '12)?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I can't see either having a worse year than last. However expectations are much lower than entering last year.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I can't see either having a worse year than last. However expectations are much lower than entering last year.

I'm with you on this

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  425
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, especially football in 2015-16.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197

Football has to be worse. Last year at this time, a bowl game was highly likely, we all thought we would be competitive, and we had a senior quarterback returning who could make plays with his athleticism. Hence why Skip was fired after the debacle last season.

This year we might not even have a true Division I quarterback on the roster. Expectations are low.....

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Time will tell. The future looks bright but it did in 2010 also. Recruiting for football is looking very promising in June, hoping it stays that way until Feb. 2014. On paper we look better, but it's going to come down to whether or not players can execute the new schemes. I'm confident in our coaches' ability to coach the guys up.

Basketball, I am not all that up on so ill leave that to others to declare.

I agree.  CWT seems to be driving us in the right direction and there seems to be a lot of excitement around him, but after having the same situation the last few seasons, its hard to get hopes up too high until we see the results on the field. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

no and no

we are now in the minor leagues

we will never compete with big 3 in another year

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

no and no

we are now in the minor leagues

we will never compete with big 3 in another year

You mean like it was a few years ago when we were all part of the Big 4?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Time will tell. The future looks bright but it did in 2010 also. Recruiting for football is looking very promising in June, hoping it stays that way until Feb. 2014. On paper we look better, but it's going to come down to whether or not players can execute the new schemes. I'm confident in our coaches' ability to coach the guys up.

I agree.  CWT seems to be driving us in the right direction and there seems to be a lot of excitement around him, but after having the same situation the last few seasons, its hard to get hopes up too high until we see the results on the field. 

if vince lombardi was coaching the bulls it wouldnt help because the qualily talent will flow to big 5 schools

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  1

Always the voice of optimism.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431

if vince lombardi was coaching the bulls it wouldnt help because the qualily talent will flow to big 5 schools

If that were the case we wouldn't be seeing the level of recruiting that we have been for 2014. Instead, we may end up with one of our best classes with a strong/promising season.