• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A decent write-up on Michigan State and East Lansing

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

On Reddit today

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/1f7z0y/132_teams_in_132_days_day_75_michigan_state/

The write-up has some info on the program, 2012, traditions, and a gallery of bars and campus destinations. 

Also, check comments for additional team discussion.

Thought this would be useful for anyone making the trip up and/or doing scouting on the Spartans. 

As a side note, FBSchedules.com today said the MSU game is "winnable" for us. Interesting. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  325
  • Days Won:  0

The Dairy Store has very good Ice cream, it is on Farm Ave, South-East of the stadium.  The campus is huge.

Edited by BurghBull

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

For those flying into Flint ... just north of Flint is Tony's I-75 Restaurant  ... which got fame on the Food Network for making this BLT. (over 1 pound of bacon)

ms.jpg

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

For those flying into Flint ... just north of Flint is Tony's I-75 Restaurant ... which got fame on the Food Network for making this BLT. (over 1 pound of bacon)

ms.jpg

I have eaten there before. It's out of control with how much bacon they serve.

It's a good thing that I keep myself in top physical shape and thus impervious to the negative health impacts that eating a sandwich with over 1 pound of bacon in it. (and mayo)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653

They have a good pizza place called Pizza House. Good Chicago style pizza outside the Windy City.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

For those flying into Flint ... just north of Flint is Tony's I-75 Restaurant  ... which got fame on the Food Network for making this BLT. (over 1 pound of bacon)

ms.jpg

I see the B.  Where's the LT?

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187

In case you haven't made your way over to the MSU game thread on the travel board, I got this from some MSU fans after asking for suggestions:

***Red Haven is a great tapas restaurant not too far from where you are staying. Not walkable but close.

For a taste of East Lansing's bar scene, Crunchy's is a landmark institution. Great beer selection.

***Another bar selection that is downtown directly across from campus is Peanut Barrel.

***There is an awesome (if a bit expensive/pretentious) restaurant that will be just around the corner from your hotel. It's called Red Haven; corner of Hagadorn & Mt Hope.

As for bars, there aren't any that I would say are "can't miss," everything in EL is pretty much the same; dive-y and small. Although by that time the new Hopcat (a 100 tap craft beer bar) will be open, and I'm told it will be a game changer. In fact the rest of the bars in the area might have already boarded up their windows and thrown in the towel by then.

As for something to do, there is a really cool but little known RE Olds (the guy who started Oldsmobile) Museum towards Lansing's downtown. If any of your group are car guys they will enjoy the hell out of it. The museum is also shares a parking lot with the world renowned Lansing Ballet.

***I second Peanut Barrel. Try sitting on the patio. Not a better outdoor dining experience in East Lansing.

Also, on gameday you can drink anywhere on campus so walk around sipping beer on the north side...one of my favorite fall traditions.

***For local dives, Crunchy's and Peanut Barrel are definitely the top choices.

***Go bar hopping downtown.

End up at Rick's late night for sloppy drunkiness...if you like that sort of thing.

Or go to the Landshark. I'm sure Jerry and the Juveniles and the Jr. Juveniles will be rocking out.

***Just take a cab to the corner of MAC and Albert. Within a 5-10 block radius there are several college bar options.

Rick's, Landshark, PT Omalley's, Harpers, The Riv, Peanut Barrel, Crunchy's, Dublin Square.

If there aren't any lines just bounce around. None of them are 'must see' but they get different crowds.

My favorite is the Peanut Barrel. It's low key and unimpressive. Good sandwiches, a few decent beer options, dart boards, etc. Typically an older crowd.

If you're looking to experience E.L. in it's full dirty drunken collegeness then make sure to hit up the other bars mentioned above........

Enjoy your trip.

***If you can find a parking spot on game day to get to the downtown EL area, everything is walkable. There are plenty of bars and restaurants to get within walking distance - Peanut Barrel, the new HopCat, the Riv, BW3, Landshark, PT's, Beggar's Banquet, and others are all within a short walk to each other. Crunchy's is a little further and would be a few minutes of a walk to the rest of them. As for food - Peanut Barrel for burgers, Crunchy's for Pizza (and a lot of good beer), BW's is BW's, and the others all have some form of bar food that likely won't make you ill and will absorb the beer.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

ms.jpg

Sitting at the table, eating it?

lawrence-taylor-famous-interview-300x187

ms.jpg

I don't think it could possibly matter, all you are going to taste is the bacon.