• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shaun Noriega won't return to Bulls in 2013-14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Not to change the topic to Chucky Atkins, but does anyone know what he did after he was waved by the Suns? What he is doing now?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Atkins is the head coach of his high school, Orlando Evans

This is also a good move, because we open up a roster spot without a negative impact on the APR, since Shaun graduated, he counts as a success.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Gonna miss Noriega.

When we needed him to come through, he came through. You can't ask more of a player.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

This is also a good move, because we open up a roster spot without a negative impact on the APR, since Shaun graduated, he counts as a success.

Thanks. Didn't know that.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Good call, Mike, we can't overstate enough that this won't impact basketball's APR because Shaun has graduated. Basketball needs all the help it can get on that APR front.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Noriega: ‘It’s time to move on’

“It was the best opportunity for me. I’ve been here for four years and it hasn’t really gone the way I wanted it to, and I really just think it’s time for me to leave,†Noriega said. “I appreciate everything USF has done for me, but it was time for me to move on.â€

“I felt I wasn’t used right my whole career, so I want to try something different, go somewhere where my style of play is a better fit than what they’re trying to do here,†Noriega said.

“My strength is shooting, moving and motion offense, and USF was more ball screens and stand still,†Noriega said.  “I’m ready to take my game to another level.â€

"I definitely want to play professionally and, if I can, make money off of basketball,†Noriega said. “So I’m just going to continue to work hard.â€

“I learned a lot,†he said. “The good thing about playing in the Big East is that it’s something special when you play against great competition every day, so I think I definitely got better and improved.†Noriega said. “I can take a lot away from my career here.â€

Noriega said the matter was handled professionally between him and Heath despite not seeing eye-to-eye. While his days as Bull are behind him, his days on the court are not.

http://www.usforacle.com/noriega-it-s-time-to-move-on-1.2828543#.UZpBwEo9-So

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

And hopefully we start playing some uptempo.

It's more fun to watch AND it'll help with our recruiting since it'll be an easier path to the NBA.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

It's more fun to watch AND it'll help with our recruiting since it'll be an easier path to the NBA.

Uptempo, downtempo, I really don't give a **** as long as its the rightempo for winning ....

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Uptempo, downtempo, I really don't give a **** as long as its the rightempo for winning ....

And you're not a recruit worrying whether Stan will misuse you and not get you prepped for the Bigs, either. Like Shaun.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Exactly! Seth had everybody playing streetball, which was exciting. But we never won a thing.

Winning is the best style.

I swear, if we have all that talent coming in and no longer playing the Big East schedule next year, and if we blow chunks again, I'm going to be join the Dark Side. I'm just tired of losing.