• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are in the mix for another QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Nothing makes me fear how bad the quarterbacking situation might be if we are going after every transfer out there. This is #4

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Nothing makes me fear how bad the quarterbacking situation might be if we are going after every transfer out there. This is #4

Did you see the spring game? It's bad....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,780
  • Days Won:  3

We will probably be 'in the mix' for a new QB, even if it takes until the gates open for the McNeese State game. Might make learning the system a little bit harder, but hey...you're in college, you should be smart enough to get your noodle around this. We would look foolish if we didn't roll out the red carpet for any player who can make an impact on this team. The nut however, is finding one who wants to play for a school in our situation. That's a tough sell. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,689
  • Days Won:  424

Figure it's a typo, or McStinky converted Joe Schad to the hate-on-USF side?

From a WVU Site:

mcmurph-troll.jpg

Wow .... so it's not just us.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We only have three scholarship QBs, and one is a senior.  We do have a couple of walk ons that are better than most walk ons, but I know Holtz wanted to have five scholarship QBs at all times.  I would guess Taggart does as well.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We only have three scholarship QBs, and one is a senior. We do have a couple of walk ons that are better than most walk ons, but I know Holtz wanted to have five scholarship QBs at all times. I would guess Taggart does as well.

These guys aren't about getting bodies on the roster. They'd come to start...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

We only have three scholarship QBs, and one is a senior. We do have a couple of walk ons that are better than most walk ons, but I know Holtz wanted to have five scholarship QBs at all times. I would guess Taggart does as well.

Holtz wanted 5? He only missed by 4 during his tenure, nice work.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

For what its worth I asked Joe Schad if he intentionally meant to leave USF off his latest list of potential landing spots for Brandon Mitchell and he said yes.

However, I would surely like to know his source on that because as bull-71 said, at about 3pm yesterday Brandon himself was on radio talking about Michigan, USF, La Tech and UAB being the schools he's looking at in addition to NC State.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,780
  • Days Won:  3

I think, when it comes to multiple choice, you'd pretty much have to ask the question "have you absolutely, 100% ruled out [insert school name here]", because I'm not seeing any sort of qualification on those five (as in strongly favoring x, interested very much in y). Would a QB ever, without having a job, say that he's ruling/ruled out anything on his list?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I think, when it comes to multiple choice, you'd pretty much have to ask the question "have you absolutely, 100% ruled out [insert school name here]", because I'm not seeing any sort of qualification on those five (as in strongly favoring x, interested very much in y). Would a QB ever, without having a job, say that he's ruling/ruled out anything on his list?

Well, he's not just tossing any and every school on the list indiscriminately. When his mother tells Greg Auman that Brandon is "very interested" in USF, I would probably tend to take that at face value.