• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who I think wins this coming season:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

I can't decide which is worse, Gator fans or UCF fans.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I'm sure that UF, FSU and Miami thinks the same of USF and UCF fans.

And I think it funny those that are joking about UCF's biggest game being a loss. How many preseasons was the question posed in TBP, would you rather a) win the big game against OOC team X or B) win the conference championshiip? I recall the overwhelming choice was always B. That's something UCF had done more than once.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The 1999 UCF Knights got shafted between the hedges against #7 UGA 23-24. It was one of the most blatant and appalling home cooking ref calls in history. A phantom offensive pass interference penalty in the end zone as we drive in the for the W. Our play by play announcer wept as time ran out it was so mortifying.

So the single greatest game in UCF program history is a game you lost? Christ, that's the saddest thing I've ever heard.

That day fair play and sportsmanship lost, just not our team.

See, USF lost a game to Rutgers while we were ranked #2 and the referees called a "forward propulsion" penalty.  Not only is that never called, the replays clearly showed that was the mother of all phantom calls.

The difference between the two schools is that loss wouldn't even rank in our Top Twenty greatest games.  We have too many actual wins against actual quality and highly ranked teams.

Auburn, Notre Dame, Miami, FSU, Louisville, West Virginia just for starters...take your pick.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

:rolleyes:  ... Have to give you credit, Slick. You have taken the Board Contrarian role and certainly run with it.

What does this this:

And I think it funny those that are joking about UCF's biggest game being a loss.

Have to do with this?:

How many preseasons was the question posed in TBP, would you rather a) win the big game against OOC team X or B) win the conference championshiip? I recall the overwhelming choice was always B. That's something UCF had done more than once.

The 1999 UCF Knights got shafted between the hedges against #7 UGA 23-24. It was one of the most blatant and appalling home cooking ref calls in history. A phantom offensive pass interference penalty in the end zone as we drive in the for the W. Our play by play announcer wept as time ran out it was so mortifying.

So the single greatest game in UCF program history is a game you lost? Christ, that's the saddest thing I've ever heard.

See, USF lost a game to Rutgers while we were ranked #2 and the referees called a "forward propulsion" penalty.  Not only is that never called, the replays clearly showed that was the mother of all phantom calls.

The difference between the two schools is that loss wouldn't even rank in our Top Twenty greatest games.  We have too many actual wins against actual quality and highly ranked teams.

Auburn, Notre Dame, Miami, FSU, Louisville, West Virginia just for starters...take your pick.

:rolleyes:  ... Have to give you credit, Slick. You have taken the Board Contrarian role and certainly run with it.

What does this this:

And I think it funny those that are joking about UCF's biggest game being a loss.

Have to do with this?:

How many preseasons was the question posed in TBP, would you rather a) win the big game against OOC team X or B) win the conference championshiip? I recall the overwhelming choice was always B. That's something UCF had done more than once.

I would think that a win in a conference championship would be a program's biggest win.  IF USF was ever in the position of winning the Big East on the last game of the season, wouldn't that be the biggest win in school history, the one that got USF its first championship, (since there was no Big East Championship game)? All those big OOC games USF won in the end meant media exposure but at the end of the season, no conference championship, no BCS game, no end of season top 25 ranking.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Why would this matter to any USF fan on this board?  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

What does this this:

Have to do with this?:

I would think that a win in a conference championship would be a program's biggest win.  IF USF was ever in the position of winning the Big East on the last game of the season, wouldn't that be the biggest win in school history, the one that got USF its first championship, (since there was no Big East Championship game)? All those big OOC games USF won in the end meant media exposure but at the end of the season, no conference championship, no BCS game, no end of season top 25 ranking.

Nice try, but if you'll notice, none of the Kaniggit responses here on that question have included a conference championship win ... 

What does this this:

Have to do with this?:

Nice try, but if you'll notice, none of the Kaniggit responses here on that question have included a conference championship win ... 

Nice try? How about thinking of what I wrote before typing. I brought up that on this board the feeling has been that the biggest win in a season would be the game that locked the Big East championship not the big OOC game. So on one side you have the program with big OOC wins but no conference wins dissing the program with conference wins but no big OOC wins and that person from that other conference is saying their biggest win wasn't their first conference championship, it was a near upset in a big OOC championship game.  So which is it? Would football fans rather have big OOC wins than a conference championship? Obviously so since they show no respect to a program that has done it numerous times and even have fans of that conference overlooking their own success in multiple years with double digit wins and conference championships.

Yeah, who cares what fans of other programs think of you, its only what you think of them that counts. I am sure no Rutgers fan wants to be thought of like UL fans are by many. And how did Rutgers fans get that rep? Louisville?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Yeah, who cares what fans of other programs think of you, its only what you think of them that counts. I am sure no Rutgers fan wants to be thought of like UL fans are by many. And how did Rutgers fans get that rep? Louisville?

I asked why that matters on this board.  You failed to address that and went editorial, or universal.  Again, on TBP, why should I care what other schools' opinions are of USF fans?  What did you hope to accomplish by responding to Gismo with that statement?