• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kayvon a Bronco

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

The highlight I made of him on Youtube had about 1200 views yesterday. It's at almost 14000 now. 

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Wow Montee is a great speaker

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276

As a USF grad and lifelong Denver Broncos fan, I am very happy right now!  Welcome to the Mile High City Kayvon! It's great to have a Bull on the team.

+1, getting to learn under Champ and develop with DRC will only help him as well.  Glad to have Bull here again

$T2eC16R,!yUE9s6NFGibBRZNCpUHfQ~~60_57.J

Was there any other Bull (other than Andre Hall) ever at Denver?  I can't think of one...

He immediately came to mind, upon hearing of the Kayvon pick.

Nope that was the other one I was thinking of...too bad he had the fumbles he was decent here

Edited by ScherdinNine18

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2

Hi there Bulls fans!  As a Broncos fan, I'm clearly here to learn more about one of our new rookies.  Kayvon really flew under my radar and it's been difficult to find out much information about him.  So, having watched his play in college, what can you tell me about him?  Info about both his strengths and what he needs to improve upon are appreciated--every NFL rookie has plenty of both to consider.  I will say that the pick surprised me because I felt the Broncos were already well covered at CB.  What I'm perhaps the most curious about is whether he could/should play free safety, or if that's a waste of his talents.  I ask that question because I am absolutely fed up with incumbent FS Rahim Moore (better known as the guy who made the worst coverage blunder in the history of the NFL playoffs) and I really want him replaced.  If Kayvon can do that, I will be quite happy.

Thanks for whatever you can tell me!

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Hi there Bulls fans!  As a Broncos fan, I'm clearly here to learn more about one of our new rookies.  Kayvon really flew under my radar and it's been difficult to find out much information about him.  So, having watched his play in college, what can you tell me about him?  Info about both his strengths and what he needs to improve upon are appreciated--every NFL rookie has plenty of both to consider.  I will say that the pick surprised me because I felt the Broncos were already well covered at CB.  What I'm perhaps the most curious about is whether he could/should play free safety, or if that's a waste of his talents.  I ask that question because I am absolutely fed up with incumbent FS Rahim Moore (better known as the guy who made the worst coverage blunder in the history of the NFL playoffs) and I really want him replaced.  If Kayvon can do that, I will be quite happy.

Kayvon was originally committed to U of Miami before flipping to USF on signing day in 2009.

He played as a true freshman, and had Jim Leavitt not been fired as head coach at the end of that season Kayvon would have probably developed like other Bulls DBs over the years: Mike Jenkins, Anthony Henry, JR Reed for a few. Leavitt ran a much more aggressive defense than what was to come.

Unfortunately for Kayvon, Leavitt gets fired and the new HC, Skip Holtz, ran a less aggressive play well off the line of scrimmage defense which did not play to Kayvon's strengths. Add in that the DB play on the other side of Kayvon was atrocious for 2 years and you have the recipe for a defense that made 2 interceptions last season. 2 total, all season and both of those came in one game. Neither by Kayvon.

Kayvon was not properly used, and has a lot to develop as a cover corner. However, he plays aggressively in the run game, is a very good athlete and good speed. If he is properly coached then I think he can last in the league for a good while and contribute as a nickel back and special teams contributor if not a starter. As for moving to safety, he will do whatever is asked of him. Never got in trouble while here for 4 years and was never a malcontent.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Well we are all drinking Orange Crush tonite to celebrate. I think what you got in Kayvon is a somewhat raw talent who is working really hard to improve his skills. I think he realized late in his college career that he could be an elite level talent. He, like many of our other players, suffered in an ill conceived system which really failed in it's pass coverage design. Kayvon is going to blossom in the NFL. With good coaching he will floursih. Despite your entreaty, I think he does better staying at CB. Speed, backpedal skills and turning with receivers are his strengths. Good luck, we will all be watching you now.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

You've probably already seen this, but his highlight video was put together by one of our members here.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276

As an Alum and lifetime Bronco fan I can say we got a great pick here.  I heard KW listed on a lot of "experts"  lists, as a top up and coming players.  I think we grabbed him in the 3rd since we didn't have a 4th rounder and they probably didn't think he'd be there. 

KW reminds some people as a Champ Baily type corner that isn't afraid to tackle, but he does need to work on cutting routes off and not getting frustrated.  USF had a lot of issues on D the last couple years and that led to some poor habits by a lot of players. 

We will like his speed and toughness and with a year or two under Champ and not having to stress about starting his first year he could turn out to be a great CB

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2

Thanks for all the information!  I like hearing that he is an aggressive tackler in run support--that is perhaps the key factor in why Champ has edged from a elite CB to one of the best ever.  This leads to a natural question: if the CB depth chart remains filled to the brim, do you see Kayvon being a good contributor on special teams?  Not as the returner, of course (that's Trindon Holliday's territory), but a guy that's willing and able to do the dirty work.

Of course, the big question (and this applies to all rookies, not just Kayvon) is whether or not they will be able to handle the huge demands of the NFL (or if they will even want to).  Unfortunately, this can never be answered until you throw the rooks into training camp and they go through the grind.  Nevertheless, I'm certainly looking forward to Kayvon carrying Champ's pads (and I bet he's looking forward to it, as well!).