• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brion Carnes to transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Brion is miles ahead of the QBs we have now.  Yes, he can take snaps under center.  He was in a pro style offense for his first three years of high school, then the team went to the spread his senior year.

If his consistency and accuracy has improved over the last three years, then we should definitely offer him.  He also made plays as a 16-year-old that none of our QBs would/could make at any point of their lives.

Why because he was WR at another school?

It would be safe to say that no QB on the current USF roster could even make the team at Nebraska.  Eveld has done nothing but regress since his 2010 game against Miami, and I don't know what he did (or didn't do) to lose his spot to Matt Floyd.

Brion is similar to BJ Daniels.  And whatever deficiencies he has with his arm, he can make up for with his legs.  Our other QBs can't say that.  And Brion gets us more than 28 total points in our last four games.  He probably equals or surpasses that total in the Miami game alone.

Considering Nebraska has 4 former walk-ons at QB, I'd give Bobby and Matt a decent shot. Though it does speak volumes about Carnes at QB that he got passed over on the depth chart by so many walk-ons that he had to change positions.

What really speaks volumes is that Matt Floyd can't even get a play off and Eveld regressed enough to be his back-up.  And those Spring Game numbers?  Pathetic.  All they have is height.  Brion would outclass them in pretty much everything else.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Brion is miles ahead of the QBs we have now.  Yes, he can take snaps under center.  He was in a pro style offense for his first three years of high school, then the team went to the spread his senior year.

If his consistency and accuracy has improved over the last three years, then we should definitely offer him.  He also made plays as a 16-year-old that none of our QBs would/could make at any point of their lives.

It would be safe to say that no QB on the current USF roster could even make the team at Nebraska.  Eveld has done nothing but regress since his 2010 game against Miami, and I don't know what he did (or didn't do) to lose his spot to Matt Floyd.

Brion is similar to BJ Daniels.  And whatever deficiencies he has with his arm, he can make up for with his legs.  Our other QBs can't say that.  And Brion gets us more than 28 total points in our last four games.  He probably equals or surpasses that total in the Miami game alone.

Considering Nebraska has 4 former walk-ons at QB, I'd give Bobby and Matt a decent shot. Though it does speak volumes about Carnes at QB that he got passed over on the depth chart by so many walk-ons that he had to change positions.

What really speaks volumes is that Matt Floyd can't even get a play off and Eveld regressed enough to be his back-up.  And those Spring Game numbers?  Pathetic.  All they have is height.  Brion would outclass them in pretty much everything else.

Which is why his coaches allowed 4 players not even recruited to pass him on the depth chart, then made him switch to a totally different position (which he also didn't get any playing time at), and then gave him the ok to transfer to another school. Matt and Bobby are very much below average, but Brion isn't exactly Russell Wilson looking to transfer.

Which is why his coaches allowed 4 players not even recruited to pass him on the depth chart, then made him switch to a totally different position (which he also didn't get any playing time at), and then gave him the ok to transfer to another school. Matt and Bobby are very much below average, but Brion isn't exactly Russell Wilson looking to transfer.

Brion's no Wilson, and I knew playing time would be a challenge for him at NU.  When Martinez won the job as a FR, then retained it as a SO, I knew Brion would get buried in favor of younger/future QBs.  It doesn't change the fact that he played very well in NU spring games and can make plays in more than one way.  He doesn't have as many reps, but after seeing the way Bobby and Matt have played, I'm shocked that people are actually favoring them.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Brion's no Wilson, and I knew playing time would be a challenge for him at NU.  When Martinez won the job as a FR, then retained it as a SO, I knew Brion would get buried in favor of younger/future QBs.  It doesn't change the fact that he played very well in NU spring games and can make plays in more than one way.  He doesn't have as many reps, but after seeing the way Bobby and Matt have played, I'm shocked that people are actually favoring them.

I don't think anyone is favoring them.  But they have both gotten on the field at QB more than Carnes has.  Therefore I'm rather shocked that some people are so convinced he would be a savior.  If he were a savior, he'd have been in the competition at Nebraska.  Taylor Martinez hasn't exactly been a Heisman Candidate up there.  I work right next to a huge Nebraska fan, and Martinez' job has been shaky the entire time he has been there.

Besides, two years of schollarship so he can compete for a job next year?  I don't see it.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Guys, he's said he's not coming to USF. He's going I-AA. Once that's established, what else is there to discuss?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Guys, he's said he's not coming to USF. He's going I-AA. Once that's established, what else is there to discuss?

Please stop trying to get in the way of a good inane TBP argument.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Hem needed to yell louder .... like this:

Per GA, Carnes will be going the I-AA route so that he can play immediately.

I don't think anyone is favoring them.  But they have both gotten on the field at QB more than Carnes has.  Therefore I'm rather shocked that some people are so convinced he would be a savior.  If he were a savior, he'd have been in the competition at Nebraska.  Taylor Martinez hasn't exactly been a Heisman Candidate up there.  I work right next to a huge Nebraska fan, and Martinez' job has been shaky the entire time he has been there.

Besides, two years of schollarship so he can compete for a job next year?  I don't see it.

Brion would get us in a bowl game (which would be savior status relative to the Skip Holtz era).  I'm not saying he'd turn us into a conference title contender.  And not being a Heisman Contender should't cost a Taylor Martinez a starting role.  Matt only got PT because BJ got hurt, and Bobby got PT because Matt moved the offense towards his own end zone.  There is absolutely no way Brion that plays worse than Matt and Bobby did.  I saw every single one of Brion's HS games - he's a better player than Eveld and Floyd.

Hem needed to yell louder .... like this:

Per GA, Carnes will be going the I-AA route so that he can play immediately.

I'm happy for Brion!

Still doesn't change my stance that he's better than Floyd and Eveld.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Well, if he's not coming here, then by definition he sux, and good riddance!

/thread

:D