• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brion Carnes to transfer

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Easy.  Aaron Lynch!

AW /end thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Easy.  Aaron Lynch!

AW /end thread

:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Brion is miles ahead of the QBs we have now.  Yes, he can take snaps under center.  He was in a pro style offense for his first three years of high school, then the team went to the spread his senior year.

If his consistency and accuracy has improved over the last three years, then we should definitely offer him.  He also made plays as a 16-year-old that none of our QBs would/could make at any point of their lives.

Edited by G25C

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Brion is miles ahead of the QBs we have now.  Yes, he can take snaps under center.  He was in a pro style offense for his first three years of high school, then the team went to the spread his senior year.

If his consistency and accuracy has improved over the last three years, then we should definitely offer him.  He also made plays as a 16-year-old that none of our QBs would/could make at any point of their lives.

Why because he was WR at another school?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

It would be safe to say that no QB on the current USF roster could even make the team at Nebraska.  Eveld has done nothing but regress since his 2010 game against Miami, and I don't know what he did (or didn't do) to lose his spot to Matt Floyd.

Brion is similar to BJ Daniels.  And whatever deficiencies he has with his arm, he can make up for with his legs.  Our other QBs can't say that.  And Brion gets us more than 28 total points in our last four games.  He probably equals or surpasses that total in the Miami game alone.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It would be safe to say that no QB on the current USF roster could even make the team at Nebraska. 

No, that is not safe to assume.  Nor is it safe to assume that Carnes would be our best QB.  I don't think that would be the case, but I'm quite sure that Taggart and staff can evaluate that better than almost anyone on this board.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It would be safe to say that no QB on the current USF roster could even make the team at Nebraska.  Eveld has done nothing but regress since his 2010 game against Miami, and I don't know what he did (or didn't do) to lose his spot to Matt Floyd.

Brion is similar to BJ Daniels.  And whatever deficiencies he has with his arm, he can make up for with his legs.  Our other QBs can't say that.  And Brion gets us more than 28 total points in our last four games.  He probably equals or surpasses that total in the Miami game alone.

Considering Nebraska has 4 former walk-ons at QB, I'd give Bobby and Matt a decent shot. Though it does speak volumes about Carnes at QB that he got passed over on the depth chart by so many walk-ons that he had to change positions.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Considering Nebraska has 4 former walk-ons at QB, I'd give Bobby and Matt a decent shot. Though it does speak volumes about Carnes at QB that he got passed over on the depth chart by so many walk-ons that he had to change positions.

Fully agree  he might  not have the ability to listen,,,hence no development....

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Also speaks volumes about coaching and attitude, I think. Assuming all of them had the same coaching and only one was a FOUR STAR recruit. I'm pretty sure there were not a whole lot of stars beside the walk-ons names.