• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rumor is that Mike White will be a high MLB draft pick in June

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

He has said to me on twitter and has said numerous times that that he wants to be a dual-sport athlete. He wants to play BOTH football and baseball at USF.

Has any player of any significance done that with any success at any university? Wouldn't it pretty much keep him out of any Spring football practicing?

Jameis Winston is doing it at FSU right now... And by all accounts I've seen he won the starting QB job at FSU yesterday.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

He has said to me on twitter and has said numerous times that that he wants to be a dual-sport athlete. He wants to play BOTH football and baseball at USF.

Has any player of any significance done that with any success at any university? Wouldn't it pretty much keep him out of any Spring football practicing?

Antwaaan Randle El - baseball, football, and basketball at Indiana

Darin Erstad - Nebraska, Golden Spikes finalist and a national champ in 1994

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Jameis Winston is doing it at FSU right now... And by all accounts I've seen he won the starting QB job at FSU yesterday.

Winston is an amazing talent. Has potential to do some tremendous things on both teams.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

That's encouraging, then, considering they both play quarterback ... Looks like he didn't play baseball last year, though. Was it to concentrate on his 1st Spring football up there or does a redshirt mean you don't play ANY sports?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

It would be a crime to NOT have Mike White on the mound for us for baseball. Kid is a stud.

He really does have a chance to come in here and start as our QB though, I think he will win the spot by fall. The kid is a winner and one hell of an athlete. Runs a 4.8 40 to boot.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

That's encouraging, then, considering they both play quarterback ... Looks like he didn't play baseball last year, though. Was it to concentrate on his 1st Spring football up there or does a redshirt mean you don't play ANY sports?

I believe to keep your redshirt you have to stay out of all sports for the entire year.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I believe to keep your redshirt you have to stay out of all sports for the entire year.

Not true, BJ redshirted his first year of FB here, but played BBall the same year.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Not true, BJ redshirted his first year of FB here, but played BBall the same year.

Which means Winston probably devoted his first Spring on campus to football ... probably a smart move for a quarterback.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

trust me he wont go top 10 rounds. He doesn't have that kind of stuff. I Wouldn't worry about him hitting in the 400's he is not going to be a hitter. He will be at usf for sure.

Doesn't have that kind of stuff?  The baseball video I've seen on him looks a heck of a lot more impressive than his football video.  The guy can throw some heat for a 17 year old.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Do you mean aside from Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, or any other football/ track athlete (Lindsey Lamar).  No not really... 

Ok, so now Mike White is Bo Jackson?   And they say the AL posts have gotten out of control...